They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

installing software on another computer

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

installing software on another computer

Postby hpharley90 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:09 am

I'll be getting a new computer in the very near future.
How will I go about installing my Premiere Elements 10 on my new computer. I haven't done this in years and I forgot.
Thanks
Richard

Dell XPS 8940-10th Gen i7-10700 processor (8-core,16M Cache. 2.9GHz)
48GB 3200MHz RAM Windows 10
hpharley90
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: installing software on another computer

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:25 am

Well, first ensure that you haven't already installed the program on two computers. If so, you'll need to deactivate at least one installation.

Also remember first that version 10 wasn't designed for current operating systems. So it may not go. Though it's worth a try I guess.

And finally, remember that even if the program installs, there may be some components that won't activate because the sites that activate them no longer exist. We commonly see people complaining that an old version is trying to activate a Main Concept MPEG component but the component will no longer activate.

In short, unless you're married to the idea of installing version 10, I'd install a newer version. Any version newer than version 12 is a good choice. And old or even used programs should come relatively cheap. It may mean learning a new interface, but at least you won't have to fight with the technology to get it to work.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby hpharley90 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:07 am

Thanks Steve. I only have installed on my laptop. Thanks for the heads up on PE10 not being compatible with new system.
I'll purchase the latest package of Premiere Elements and photoshop elements so there won't be any issues. I haven't done any editing in a few years.
Is the latest software somewhat similar to PE10?
I'm still using my Canon HV-40.
Is HDV Split still the capturing software I want to use? I will have to download and install on new system.

Where is best place to download both?
Thanks
Richard

hpharley90
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:02 am

Purchasing them from Amazon is a safe way to get the software. But one you purchase the software you can also download it from Adobe's website. For me Amazon is just more convienent and they sometimes have deals on the price.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby hpharley90 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:35 am

sidd finch wrote:Purchasing them from Amazon is a safe way to get the software. But one you purchase the software you can also download it from Adobe's website. For me Amazon is just more convienent and they sometimes have deals on the price.

Sidd

Thanks Sidd. Arriving tomorrow the disc for Adobe Premiere Elements 2021 and Photoshop Elements 2021 for $99.99.
Good deal! Love Amazon prime.
Thanks
Richard

hpharley90
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:43 pm

Also just a quick tip you might consider creating a manual restore point on your computer before you install anything. That way if something goes sideways you can get back to what you had.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to PRE Version 10