They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sony Vegas Studio versus Pro

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Sony Vegas Studio versus Pro

Postby UnicycleDaddy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:19 pm

I have been learning Vegas Studio with Steve's book, but have to say I like the book more than the program. Although if the program worked on my computer, I would like it just fine. Lots of error messages, etc. And my computer is buff enough that it should handle high def files okay. It does not. Vegas crashes constantly. (Works fine with non HD files. Computer is a quad core with 8 gigs of RAM) I downloaded the trial of Vegas Pro and it is rendering and running like a charm.(I imported some large pre-rendered files that I couldn't get to work in Studio). If that's what I need to do things right, I don't mind paying the extra bucks. I'm wondering, though, if I will need another book to learn Pro. How similar are they two programs in terms of functionality? Is there a good book by Steve, or something else, that is the equivalent of the book for Studio?

Anybody else had problems with the Studio version seemingly not able to access the RAM efficiently?
UnicycleDaddy
New User
New User

Re: Sony Vegas Studio versus Pro

Postby Paul LS » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:43 am

If you can use the Studio version then it should be an easy step up to the Pro version. I have historically used Premiere Elements and so when I moved to Vegas Pro I found it difficult because things are done differently. If you are comfortable with the Studio version then you should have no problems.

I am surprised you are having problems with Studio. It is generally a very stable editor.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Sony Vegas Studio versus Pro

Postby Chris B » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:07 am

Studio is a 32bit app - so your 8GB of ram is invisible to it (it can only see 2). You can edit the file using the file downloaded from here
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showt ... p?t=112556
to make it "large address aware" which may stop the crashing by allowing it see see 4GB (on an assumed 64 bit OS)
Intel Core i7 8700 - 32GB DDR4 - 500GB Evo 970 SSD - 3+2 TB HDD - GTX 1080- MSI Z370 Pro - Win10 64 bit - Cannon HV30 (PAL) - Sony A6000 - GoPro 3 Black
Chris B

Return to Vegas