They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

VMS 10 Plat - saved programs open to chaos on the time line

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

VMS 10 Plat - saved programs open to chaos on the time line

Postby knockatoone » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:09 pm

A saved project when opened the next day is largely a
> jumbled mess of stills and video with some video events gone and
> replaced by a still , titles and backgrounds are missing or totally
> misaligned on the time line. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
> VMS HD (10 Plat), have added the LAA "trick" and still get the same crazy mess. I have tried "save as" with different names every time a make a change or add but each opens with a
> different set of scrambled time line events. I have repaired this
> 25 min video x3 times now and am about ready to punt on VMS 10 and
> maybe try going back to 9 - this is my first project in VMS 10 but a year + with VMS 9.
PC is win 7 Home Prem (64 bit) , Gateway with 7i processor, 9 gig of ram, all media in on an external (usb) hdd . Project is HD with AVCHD video from a Sony Camcorder and stills from same or generated in the program. Program is an upgrade from vms 9 but bought on disc Most frustrating as this is exactly the same hardware set up as ver 9 ran great on ?? Any thoughts or fixs out there ?? Currupt disc? program ? too many wasted hours on this one.... Thanks, K

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

knockatoone

Re: VMS 10 Plat - saved programs open to chaos on the itme

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Was the project created in version 10 -- or was it created in an earlier version and then opened in version 10 of the software?

Which project settings did you select when you set up your Vegas project?

What happens if you create a new project, set up for AVCHD, with only AVCHD footage in it?

Can you think of any reason this may be happening? Is there anything at all you're not telling us (like, for instance, that you started the project in XP and then later opened it in Windows 7 64- bit -- or that the computer was upgraded to Windows 7 and that this was not its original operating system)?

Have you ensured that you have SP1 and all of the updates for Windows 7? The latest version of Quicktime?

You're going to have to be a detective here, knockatone. Since we don't have access to your computer, you're going to need to do some troubleshooting and investigating on your own and offer us some clues.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: VMS 10 Plat - saved programs open to chaos on the itme

Postby knockatoone » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:03 pm

Thanks, Steve
2nd try -went for the SP1 update which stopped and had to be restarted after about 4 hrs.
1.All work on this projecst was done in version 10.
2.Project properties were set using the Template:HDV 1080-60i(1440x1080, 29.970 fps) no changes were made
3.have not done a project with AVCHD only but will give it shot and see what happens - Stills are either generated in the program or no larger than 3680x2760 (~ 2x HD for zooming and panning)
4. Project was started in win 7 Home Premium and is what I am running. PC bought in OCt 09 with upgrade to win 7 inDec 09 (provided by manufacture -no problems (till now? ).
The only thing I can think of that I have seen is the occasion pop up asking where a missing file is - the file is an audio only file that I removed from the project but it is apparently logged in some where - it is not on the time line. I originall applied the 2 gig memory cap fix (as I had in vers 9 -on thios PC))using CFFExplorer. when I reinstalled VNS yesterday I used the Large Addr Aware program instead..
5. I will stay at it but I think you think is it is a system problem not a vns problem -which leads to some drastic stuff - but just maybe needed....
6.Quick time ver is 10.2.1
Thanks Again, K

knockatoone

Re: VMS 10 Plat - saved programs open to chaos on the time

Postby knockatoone » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:22 am

Up date - did a AVCHD only video and changed the save location to the PC hdd (used the default) - all was well. Continued to add bits and pieces and moved "save" to external hdd - all still well = opened and saved x2 after each change to test - all still well - have continued to rebuild the project with saves and opens and the time line is holding as saved ..... ?? At this point I can only assume that doing the SP-1 & or updating QuickTtime ?? have solved what ever was going on - will continue in hopes of getting the video finished/saved. Thought = I did change one thing in the properties - I went from a 5.1 audio to stereo as some of the canned audio was stereo - could a mix of number of audio tracks been a cause ??

knockatoone

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:33 pm

It's possible. But it sounds like you're on the road to recovery at least!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby knockatoone » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:42 am

Got it to render so guess the fix is in (what ever it was) thanks again, K

knockatoone

Return to Vegas