They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Program crashing

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Re: Program crashing

Postby tjone3323 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:35 am

Okay Steve, I did that. And....as a quick aside I've recently come back to MicroSoft after being on Apple platforms for 10 or more years and I have to admit, I find Windows 10 to be very bogged down with crap I don't need or want so I'm struggling to get up to speed with it. That being said, I finally found a way to find the files using what I believe you meant for me to do and found 3 files for the video I created. Movie Studio would not open any of the files so I'm face first into the proverbial brick wall. The program I used to create these files will not now open them. Am I supposed to understand that?

Tom
tjone3323
New User
New User

Postby sidd finch » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:45 pm

I might suggest that you try to create a new test project to see if you are having the same issues, sometime a fresh start makes it easier to see what is bogging down. 4k video requires a lot of hard drive space and enough ram to run. Also typically you need to use 2 drives to edit video. I drive for the project files and media and the other hard drive to do the editing. If you are using an internal drive and an external drive they should be connected via USB 3.0 so the connection is quick enough. That way it is easier to control the variables to correct the issue.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:54 pm

Meantime, what is the complete name (with suffix) of the file(s) you've identified as a Movie Studio project file?

I may ask you to share it with me via Dropbox or even email to see if I can open it.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby tjone3323 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:07 pm

Steve, I really appreciate your help. I don't spend much time on the computer so every time I sit down I have to try and pick up where I left off. I just went in and tried to find the file I referred to in the previous post and couldn't even find that file. When I do a file search with the exact title I used on the movie in question I come up with nothing. It's clear I don't understand the process for creating and saving a project file so I'll just need to go back to the drawing board and start over. Do you have any general advise for how to create a finished movie in the proper format (4K)?

Thanks again
Tom
tjone3323
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:33 am

Well, finishing a movie in 4K starts at the beginning.
1. Make sure you are using 4K media.
2. Choose a 3840x2160 project setting.
3. Once you're done editing, select a 4K output.

If you haven't done so already, you should start with my free 8 part Basic Training tutorial series.

HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to Vegas