They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Register Movie Studio 16 Platinum via another PC ?

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Re: Register Movie Studio 16 Platinum via another PC ?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed May 01, 2019 6:22 pm

1. Have you checked out my tutorial on editing 360? It explains where to find this effect and how to use it.

2. If you install the NewBlue plug-ins on the disc, they will appear among your other effects in the Plug-in Choosers.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby vkmast » Wed May 01, 2019 7:07 pm

Re NewBlue Transitions (Ultimate) in the Movie Studio Platinum 16 package,
the "Simplified FX, Transitions and Media Generators windows" have caused confusion as this removed the Folder view from those tabbed windows.
You can still see the Folder view in the respective Plug-In Chooser windows.

To see the Plug-in Chooser - Transitions window, overlap two events on the timeline, hover your mouse over that area to see the "hand" icon (not the "pointing finger" icon!) and then right-click on that area. From the opening "context menu" choose Transition Properties. In the opening window you should see the NewBlue Transitions folder. Select that and see if you can find the Transitions listed here https://www.newbluefx.com/products/tran ... -ultimate/. There should be 37 plug-ins in that package.

You should be able to access them from the tabbed Transitions window as well, but as said there is currently no Folder view in VMSP 16.
vkmast

Postby NeilBreakwell » Thu May 02, 2019 12:38 pm

@Steve -
I hadn't seen that .. thanks.
However, I don't see all of the effects that you do in the video - the dual fisheye stitching is one of the missing ones ...

Your video shows effects as in attached file "video.jpg"
video.jpg

but actual package on my computer shows effects as in the attached file "actual.jpg"
actual.jpg

Could you advise what I am doing wrong ?

best regards
- Neil Breakwell
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NeilBreakwell

Postby NeilBreakwell » Thu May 02, 2019 12:44 pm

@vkmast ..
are they the ones in the "Third Party" folder under "Plug-In Chooser - Transition" ?

thank you
NeilBreakwell

Postby vkmast » Thu May 02, 2019 4:57 pm

If you actually have the NB transitions they should be in both the Third Party folder and the NewBlue Transitions folder.
37 of the plug-ins in the screenshot are from the NB Transitions Ultimate package.
See the link in an earlier post of mine and compare if they are included in the folder.
https://www.newbluefx.com/products/tran ... -ultimate/ (just in case you missed it.)

NB Transitions 5 Ultimate plug-in window VMSP 16.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vkmast

Postby NeilBreakwell » Fri May 03, 2019 12:35 pm

@vkmast -
There is no folder named "NewBlue", although I installed the package and registered it online. However, the transitions listed on the linked website that you pointed me to and in the screenshot that you sent seem to match those which appear in the "Third Party" folder on my machine.
transitions.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't take note of which transitions existed before installing the NewBlueFX package, so it is not possible to say if it installed correctly or not.

@Steve -
I still don't see the "dual fish eye stitching" effect that you mention. I wonderd if it might be due to needing to update the package, which it keeps prompting me to do. So, I updated the package and it went from "build 89" to"build 109". However, it appears to have made no difference ... still no "dual fish eye stitching" effect. (please see screen shot from my post a couple of posts back.

many thanks to you guys for all the assistanc ... it is much appreciated.

best regards
- Neil
NeilBreakwell

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri May 03, 2019 2:15 pm

I don't know why that is, Neil. If you've got the Platinum version of Movie Studio 16 and you've installed all of the plug-in packages, it should definitely be there.

Very strange.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby NeilBreakwell » Fri May 03, 2019 2:56 pm

Thanks anyway ...
I have sent a message to Magix to see if they can help out. Will let you know what the solution is if I ever find out. If not, perhaps it would be worth me posting the question as a new thread, as this thread has gotten a little off of the original topic and there may be someone on the forum that has the answer, but isn't reading this thread :) ?

best regards
- Neil
NeilBreakwell

Postby vkmast » Fri May 03, 2019 4:24 pm

NeilBreakwell wrote:@vkmast -
Unfortunately, I didn't take note of which transitions existed before installing the NewBlueFX package, so it is not possible to say if it installed correctly or not.
- Neil

You might want to try if some of the NBT5U transitions listed in the NB site and included in your Plug-In Chooser - Transition window (and in the tabbed Transitions window) actually work??

NeilBreakwell wrote:@Steve -
I still don't see the "dual fish eye stitching" effect that you mention. I wonderd if it might be due to needing to update the package, which it keeps prompting me to do. So, I updated the package and it went from "build 89" to"build 109". However, it appears to have made no difference ... still no "dual fish eye stitching" effect. (please see screen shot from my post a couple of posts back.
- Neil

As you don't seem to see "Vegas 360º Stabilization" either, you should probably read this thread on the Magix Vegas Movie Studio forum: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/ ... 0--115534/
See if it might give you some clues, especially the comments from the Vegas dev team member.

And I'm also wondering where you got build 89 of VMS 16 Platinum. The first public release was build 109.
vkmast

Postby NeilBreakwell » Sat May 04, 2019 12:55 am

Build 89 was the version that came on the DVD that I purchase directly from the Magix online store. So that was a pre-release build ? Have I been sold an inferior product ? However, the online update brought it up to build 109.

Many thanks
- Neil
NeilBreakwell

Postby vkmast » Sat May 04, 2019 2:45 am

Neil, thank you very much for the clarification.
I don't think you have been sold "an inferior product", as you were able to update.
The updates/new builds are normal practise.
vkmast

Postby Peru » Sat May 04, 2019 8:54 am

NeilBreakwell wrote:Build 89 was the version that came on the DVD that I purchase directly from the Magix online store. So that was a pre-release build ? Have I been sold an inferior product ? However, the online update brought it up to build 109.
- Neil

That is typical for software offered on DVD. A company makes the DVDs and then bug fixes and feature updates occur.
Peru

Previous

Return to Vegas