They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Help with external monitor

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Help with external monitor

Postby Richardmotsch » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:52 pm

I have and read Steve's book, it is is outstanding. I am trying to set up a external monitor. I am getting the Windows logo on the external monitor, but nothing else. I have clicked on external monitor button at the top of the preview screen on the monitor that has the Sony program in it. But the only thing happen is the preview goes full screen on the monitor that has the Sony program in it . I do have the HDMI hooked up to the computer that's running the Sony program and the other end of the cord plugged into the external monitor. I hope someone can help me out. Thanks you very much.
Richardmotsch

Re: Help with external monitor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:08 pm

Can you confirm the settings I recommended, Rich?
* Windows Display Settings with two monitors showing, Multiple Displays set to Extend These Displays.
* Movie Studio preferences, on the Preview Device page, with the Device set to Windows Graphics Card.

Beyond that, I wonder if having the external monitor attached by HDMI rather than DVI or VGA is an issue. Hopefully someone who knows will chime in.

If you have your external attached by HDMI, I wonder if your preferences should be set to another device. Have you experimented with this?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Vegas