They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Something about Stereoscopic Adjust Plug-in

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Something about Stereoscopic Adjust Plug-in

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:38 pm

In Sony Vegas Pro and Movie Studio Platinum there is a plug-in named "Stereoscopic Adjust" that can give baffling results when you use Auto Adjust. When you move the timeline cursor to a pair of frames that look good for making auto adjustments, the paired frames used to make the adjustments may not be the ones under the timeline media cursor. Sony Vegas uses the animation cursor to determine the pair used, even if you haven't turned on animation. Unless the animation cursor is automatically synced to the timeline cursor, moving the timeline cursor to a desired pair of frames doesn't guarantee that that pair will be used. What is bothersome is that there's no indication that the cursors are synced until you open the animation panel, as if to keyframe, and see if the Sync Cursors button is pushed in. Furthermore, the Sync Cursors button is usually too far left out of the window requiring a dialogbox resize. The state of the Sync button persists even after closing the animation panel. The position of the animation cursor persists even if the Sync button is off and the panel is closed.

Beside the point, if cursors are synced, but I still don't get accurate results, I will use the Sony Threshold plug-in ahead of the Stereoscopic Adjust plug-in. I move the Threshold slider to somewhere between 18 and 50 to reduce the amount of detail the Stereoscopic Adjust plug-in has to deal with. Sometimes I take out too much or too little detail, and will have to make a few tries. Afterwards I remove the Sony Threshold plug-in.

This affects both Vegas Pro and Vegas Movie Studio Platinum.

The Stereoscopic Adjust plug-in might be the only Sony plug-in that works like this, but I don't know.

Sync On.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Something about Stereoscopic Adjust Plug-in

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:38 am

Thanks for pointing this out, Robert!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Vegas