They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Yellow Markers

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Yellow Markers

Postby fekobel » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:42 pm

Is there a Quick way to remove the yellow markers for the loop region on the timeline? Can I just type some letters on the keyboard?
fekobel
New User
New User

Re: Yellow Markers

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:03 pm

Which program are you talking about, fekobel?

Might be best to post your question in that program's particular forum.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby fekobel » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:07 pm

My software is Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12.I have looked in your guide and the community forum but could not find a way to remove yellow markers.
fekobel
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:48 pm

I've moved your question to our Sony Vegas forum where we can better address your issues.

What do you mean by "remove the yellow markers"? Are you trying to de-select a Loop Region or something else?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby fekobel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:44 am

During the editing process ,when I move the cursor to an event on the time line,sometimes the yellow loop marker move to the cursor position.I am looking for a way to return the yellow flags to the starting position on the timeline without dragging them back with my mouse.I do not use loop region markers and it would be great if if the two end flags could be deactivated.
fekobel
New User
New User

Postby vkmast » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:15 am

fekobel wrote:Is there a Quick way to remove the yellow markers for the loop region on the timeline? Can I just type some letters on the keyboard?

fekobel wrote:---I am looking for a way to return the yellow flags to the starting position on the timeline without dragging them back with my mouse.---

I don't think you can remove those yellow markers and the "Collapse loop region when no time selection is present" option in Preferences/Editing was removed for Movie Studio Platinum 12 "due to a decision made by the developers" (that's from SCS Support).The "Collapse loop region" function made the loops disappear every time you clicked anywhere. It's still in Vegas Pro though.

However, you can press the "i" and "o" keys and this collapses the loop region to a simple point and effectively disables it.
I don't remember seeing a way to return the yellow flags to the start without dragging.
Remember that the selection only loops when you have "Loop Playback" enabled. It's the circular arrow button (KB shortcut is "q") in Transport Controls. So if you don't want looping, keep it disabled. If your loop region is selected/highlighted, it's still played though.
vkmast

Postby fekobel » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:51 am

Thank you very much vkmast your answer to my question was exactly what I was looking for.
fekobel
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:53 am

Thanks, vk!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Vegas