They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Audio Envelopes

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Audio Envelopes

Postby super8guy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:44 pm

Using the Muvipix Guide VMS 10 I learned on pp. 126-27 how to create a volume audio envelope in order to adjust the sound at a specific point. My question is must I leave that heavy blue horizontal line representing the volume envelope active? It seems to me there should be a way of turning it off or deactivating it.
I understand that it allows a keyframe to be created which in turn enables (spot) volume adjustment. This is my first experience creating a keyframe for that purpose. It may not be harmful or a liability to keep that heavy blue line operational throughout. Just wondering... :conf:
Thanks!
Panasonic AG-AC130A, Sony HDR-SR11, Garmin Virb, Dji Osmo Action, and Contour video cameras, VEGAS Pro 16.0 i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.7GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 Home Premium 64 bit,
super8guy

Re: Audio Envelopes

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:20 pm

In the audio track header is an icon that looks like a cogwheel or spiked wheel. Click on that and select "Automation Off." The audio will play back at the default volume even if you keyframmed the envelope.

Here's some other information or tips. Press V to make the blue line visible or invisible. You can do the same by going to the View menu and selecting Audio Envelopes > Track volume. The envelope is still active even though it is invisible. You can reset the envelope by right-clicking the blue line and selecting Reset from the popup menu. Hopefully in your version of Vegas you can do the same thing.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:40 am

Wow! Great tips, as always, Robert!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby super8guy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:55 pm

RJ Johnston wrote:In the audio track header is an icon that looks like a cogwheel or spiked wheel. Click on that and select "Automation Off." The audio will play back at the default volume even if you keyframmed the envelope.

Here's some other information or tips. Press V to make the blue line visible or invisible. You can do the same by going to the View menu and selecting Audio Envelopes > Track volume. The envelope is still active even though it is invisible. You can reset the envelope by right-clicking the blue line and selecting Reset from the popup menu. Hopefully in your version of Vegas you can do the same thing.

I am using the latest, ver. 12, of Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite. In the audio track header, the following icons are to the right of the track labeled "voice." Going left to right there are icons for: "Arm for record," "Track FX," "Mute," and "Solo."

I'm unable to locate a cogwheel or spiked wheel icon, or anyway to acquire the "Automation Off" command you described. I'm guessing that command is specific to Vegas. The V command as well as the alternative way to achieve the result works as you described.

After having edited w/ the blue line on and active, I am no longer concerned that I may be inadvertently causing an untoward effect and the unknown is now familiar. I have now gone past and chalk up the experience to "the learning curve."

Thanks for the push up and over.
Panasonic AG-AC130A, Sony HDR-SR11, Garmin Virb, Dji Osmo Action, and Contour video cameras, VEGAS Pro 16.0 i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.7GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 Home Premium 64 bit,
super8guy

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:17 am

super8guy,

Sorry you don't have that control. The automation control must be for only Vegas Pro. This is what it looks like:

Automation Off.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Vegas