They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Green Screen and Background won't render well

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Green Screen and Background won't render well

Postby Gigi0605 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:53 pm

Help! I'm really new at this! I am using chroma key to make a greenscreen video. The greenscreen image and the background slide that I'm using match up perfectly in the preview box, but when I render, it looks like my subject is talking in front of a framed window. I'm not sure how to get the frames set right to fix this problem. The chroma keyed part is a video but the background is a photograph slide. Any ideas? I am ordering the book tomorrow but could use some help tonight :conf: Thanks....GIgi
Gigi0605
New User
New User

Re: Green Screen and Background won't render well

Postby Peru » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:46 pm

Welcome to Muvipix, Gigi. :meet:

Green screen work is difficult unless you have a consistently lit and near flawlessly stretched proper green screen.
Peru

Re: Green Screen and Background won't render well

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:28 pm

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "it looks like my subject is talking in front of a framed window. "

Do you mean that the Chroma Key effect itself worked perfectly -- but in the output, things have shifted out of place?

If this is the case, what model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it? What are your Project Properties?

MPEGs (including high-def M2T videos) are notorious for looking good in the video editing program and then outputting with things shifted out of position.

If this is the case, there is a workaround. But it depends on what you ultimate plan to do with this video. Is it going to be a DVD or a BluRay? Or do you plan to share it online?

In any event, you've come to the right place, Gigi! Muvipix is the friendliest, most helpful forum on the web!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Vegas