They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Benefits of Architect 5.0 with Vegas or PrE?

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Benefits of Architect 5.0 with Vegas or PrE?

Postby Simon Silverstein » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:10 pm

I recently got a Sony laptop with Sony Vegas Platinum Studio 10 already loaded. I thought it came with Architect 5.0, but I now see it did not. I have used PrE7 before, and it made suitable DVD's, just using the basic program. I understand one can produce the same with Vegas. Aside from more templates, is there any major reason I should consider also getting Architect, or can I manage to create decent DVD's without it?
Simon Silverstein

Re: Benefits of Architect 5.0 with Vegas or PrE?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:34 am

The DVDs and BluRays you can output directly from Vegas are single-movie, auto-play discs. They don't have menus of any kind.

DVD Architect Studio 5 (a steal at $39 for the download) will allow you to build menus, add more than one movie to a disc, etc. I couldn't live without it. (Well, not literally. But it's about the best $39 I've ever spent.) (Well, maybe not really -- but it is well worth the cost if you plan to produce your own DVDs and BluRays.)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Simon Silverstein » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:41 pm

I went to the official Sony site, and the price there was as you stated. There are are few other sites on the web that seem to have the same downloaded Architect 5.0 program for between $15-$20. Would this be the same exact program? Also, are these pirate sites? Are they safe?
Simon Silverstein

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:02 pm

I'd be wary of those other sites, particularly if they are downloads.

Sony Creative Software makes the program. They're the only site you can download it from. There are no mirror sites. So you're either looking at a pirated copy or a look-alike knockoff.

Besides, Sony updates and patches their software regularly. If you go to the Sony site, you can be sure to have the latest, most stable build.

EDIT:
I Google searched and found sites selling discounted copies in the box. They may be used and are probably legit. Probably. I say that because the first site I went to claimed to be selling DVD Arch Pro but had a picture of the DVD Arch Studio box!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chris B » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:39 pm

First up DVD Architect is a very competent program with far more flexibility that PE (and a consequent learning curve as well!). If it is the Platinum edition then I would have though it came with DVD Architect. You could try registering with Sony's web site and check the "My Software" section - you might be able to download it there.

Failing that - and if you like Vegas you can upgrade to the latest version 11 Platinum suite (which comes with DVD Architect for around $60) - or wait a few months when there's bound do be an an upgrade cycle to version 12. Sony's upgrade policy seems to be very generous - especially in the first few weeks of a new version. I think I upgraded to Version 10 Platinum production suite from just DVDAS for around £20 ($30-$35).

Lastly there is a demo of DVDAS available from Sony - try it and see before you buy.
Intel Core i7 8700 - 32GB DDR4 - 500GB Evo 970 SSD - 3+2 TB HDD - GTX 1080- MSI Z370 Pro - Win10 64 bit - Cannon HV30 (PAL) - Sony A6000 - GoPro 3 Black
Chris B

Postby Bob » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:25 pm

I'd be wary of those other sites too. A download from anyone other than Sony is definitely not legit. Also, I looked around and the boxed copies I saw for sale were older versions. Amazon doesn't sell version 5.0 which is a good indication that it isn't available except as a download from Sony. There is no upgrade discount, so you gain no advantage from an older version.

I'm surprised that your preinstalled Sony Vegas Platinum Studio 10 didn't include DVD Architect Studio. I think the commercial package came with it.
Bob

Postby Simon Silverstein » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:57 am

The lack of Architect 5.0 in the pre-loaded Vegas program in my Sony Vaio F series laptop was a surprise to me as well. I called Sony twice about this. The poorly-informed operators finally came up with the excuse that my version "doesn't include Architect." End of story. I find this a bit of false advertising, as their Imagination Studio Suite does list Sony Vegas Studio Platinum 10 as part of the suite. At this point, I'm not sure whom to contact about this obvious anomaly.
Simon Silverstein

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:19 pm

There are a number of levels of purchase for Vegas Movie Studio, Simon, as you can see in this chart.
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/mov ... hd/compare

Vegas Movie Studio HD does not include DVD Architect Studio. Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum does.

I'd bite the bullet and buy DVD Arch Studio. It costs less than a tank of gas, and you will be amazed how much you can do with it!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Simon Silverstein » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:38 pm

I think it might be interesting to note what happened when I recently bought a Sony F series laptop with their Imagination Studio Suite pre-loaded. From Sony's online listing, the suite was supposed to contain Sony Vegas Studio Platinum 10. According to this particular program's listing on another site, it was supposed to contain Architect Studio 5.0. But Architect was not loaded in my machine. I called Sony support twice. The operators were not what I would describe as efficient. After "conferring with someone," it was decided that DVD Architect was not included in my purchase.
Unwilling to accept that judgment, I later contacted Sony online. This person was totally efficient. Within a day, she had determined I should have had DVD Architect as part of my pre-load, and sent me a link and a serial number. The result: I am now the satisfied owner of a new Sony laptop--with all the programs promised installed!
Simon Silverstein

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:08 pm

Good for you for pursuing it, and congratuations on getting them to come through. =D>
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Simon Silverstein wrote:The result: I am now the satisfied owner of a new Sony laptop--with all the programs promised installed!

Way to hang in there Simon, glad you got everything you deserved :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Vegas