They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Unable to view captured video

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Unable to view captured video

Postby ssandheinrich » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:21 am

Some time ago, I captured video from High tape through FireWire connection to Sony Vegas. I don't recall the version exactly but I do know that when this capture completed, I was able to see the video properly. Now, when I play the video, the first few seconds of it play fine and then it displays this gray matrix with rows of dots. I will attempt to upload an attachment of this matrix. The computer that is playing the video has been reimaged several times so perhaps something was not reinstalled on it after the reimage. Could it be missing a codec of some kind? Thank you in advance for any guidance you may have.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ssandheinrich
New User
New User

Re: Unable to view captured video

Postby sidd finch » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:39 am

It sounds like you are missing a driver. You might consider downloading the freeware program VLC Media player (https://www.videolan.org/) then play the video with VLC media player. Then you can hunt for the missing driver. If it does not play perhaps the video file is corrupt????

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Vegas