They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DVDA Pro 5.2 and Remote Buttons

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

DVDA Pro 5.2 and Remote Buttons

Postby Doogs » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi Guys, been a while since i last posted, I have got back to working with the DVDA pro 5.2 trial, and already I am at a loss how to get something simple to work properly..

For some unknown reason the "NEXT" and the "STOP" DVD preview remote buttons will not behave in the manner that I set them in the Media Properties... in short the next button does nothing (prohibited sign shown) when I try to skip forward to the next timeline in my six timeline 2 Menu project. The stop button takes me back to a blue DVDA standard screen..

As you can see by the attachment I have the buttons set up to allow user input of the buttons, I have read the help file and tried turning off the TITLE PLAY but this has made not one bit of a difference...
be grateful for any assistance here with the problem... I must admit that this procedure is fairly easy in Adobe Encore.. :pull: :pull:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doogs
New User
New User

Re: DVDA Pro 5.2 and Remote Buttons

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:11 am

It looks like it is a bug with the preview.

After I burned a DVD, I started playing the first title on my Sony disc player and then pushed the "Next" button. Play jumped to the next title as expected. You did set end actions of the timelines to link to the next timelines, didn't you?

EDIT: Bug introduced in 5.2. Works okay in 5.0.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Doogs » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Cheers for the Reply RJ.. :tx:

Yeah I have double checked that all end actions are supposed to be what they should be...

The joys of working with trial software... I went back and rebuilt the entire project using Adobe Encore.. took me all of 20 min tops.. The completed DVD works flawlessly...

I do like DVDA, but it does have a steeper learning curve... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

thanks..
Davy
Doogs
New User
New User

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:29 pm

I remember trying to learn Adobe Encore a few years ago. I had no idea what to do until I watched the training video that came with it.

I filled out a Sony tech support form about the bug.

Cheers.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Doogs » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:46 pm

Always nice to have another string to ones bow so to speak....I will work away with the trial DVDA until it times out on me.... ::C

thanks once again..

Encore is very easy to use.. I have done numerous video tutorials on it, I took them down some time back now..
Doogs
New User
New User

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Steve Grisseti has written a book on DVD Architect Studio 5.0 that you might be interested in. While not the Pro, the Studio version has a lot of the Pro features. There's a link to it over in the left column.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to DVD Architect