They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Best blu-ray audio format to avoid recompression in DVDA

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Re: Best blu-ray audio format to avoid recompression in DVDA

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:40 pm

...and my father thanks you, and my mother thanks you, and my sister thanks you, and my dog thanks you, and my granny thanks you.

You're welcome.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby George Tyndall » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:11 pm

RJ Johnston wrote:...and my father thanks you, and my mother thanks you, and my sister thanks you, and my dog thanks you, and my granny thanks you.

You're welcome.

Did the character on Hee Haw with the big cigar and the hat say those words, too?

BTW, the method you describe works for avoiding recompression with DVD AS5, however, I also like to play the shared H.264 files directly from my HDD, and I 'm not aware of a program that will play the separated video and audio files that result from the method you describe.

True, I could share to Personal Computer both multiplexed and none-multiplexed versions of the PRE7 timeline, but that would take MUCH longer than allowing DVD AS5 to recompess the multiplexed file.

As Bob suggested, it would be nice to discover why DVD AS5 is seeing a multiplexed file that has been outputted with PCM audio as in need of recompression when DVD AS5 itself outputs the project as PCM, but I have no idea how to discover that.

#-o
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:02 pm

You can always export video and audio from Premiere Elements to a multiplexed file -- as you were doing before -- and then export again just the PCM file. It doesn't take that long to export just the audio. In DVDA, substitute the audio that is contained in the multiplexed file with the standalone audio.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby George Tyndall » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:02 pm

RJ Johnston wrote:You can always export video and audio from Premiere Elements to a multiplexed file -- as you were doing before -- and then export again just the PCM file. It doesn't take that long to export just the audio. In DVDA, substitute the audio that is contained in the multiplexed file with the standalone audio.

That, I did not know.

:tx: again
:hat:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to DVD Architect