They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Thanks Steve Grisetti

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Thanks Steve Grisetti

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:31 pm

I thought about sending Steve a private message, but decided that a more public venue would better accomplish my goal.

I just finished my first DVD creation that required more menu than Premiere Elements could give. It's not the most complicated menu that ever came along, but it's definitely several major steps above your basic "Play All" standard fare. Everything works as it should, it looks clean and professional, and it projects the image that we want to present. We're starting off with 250 copies, and anticipate that we will eventually produce many more than that.

I used DVDAS, and I learned it by sitting down with Steve's book. The program is not what I'd call intuitive. If I had tried to do what I needed to do by hacking my way through, I probably would have thrown up my hands and walked away somewhere along the line. By learning what I needed to know, and then going back to the book as a reference, I accomplished 100% of what I had envisioned that this DVD would be able to be and do.

I just wanted to say "Thanks!" to Steve for all the work that went into his book. I hope he makes enough to have made it worth his while. Next time I get one of his books maybe I'll actually pay for it instead of swiping it off the bookstore shelf! ::lol::

Just kidding Steve. :tx:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Re: Thanks Steve Grisetti

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:58 am

Bless your heart, Dave! You've definitely made my day!

I don't have to tell you that everything we do here at Muvipix is a labor of love. And there's no greater satisfaction than in hearing that we've helped someone or made a difference in someone's experience.

So thank you so much for your very kind words, Dave! They mean more than you can know.

Happy moviemaking! (and DVD making too!)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Jayell » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:09 am

I second Dave's comment that DVAS isn't exactly intuitive .. and just trying to force your way through it can be an exercise in frustration. But WITH THE HELP OF STEVE'S BOOK, it has accomplished everything I had in mind. And the two together (program and book) are worth the price of admission.
HP Envy Desktop 795-0040xt / Win 10 Home/ Intel Core i7-8700 / 32GB memory / NVidia GeForce GTS 1060 3G
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:43 am

Wow, guys! You're really blessing my heart today! Thank you.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:36 pm

WOW good vibes must be going around. On Sunday I was not sure how the track matte functioned with a clip I purchased from Revostock. It had the clip and at the end the same clip only in Alpha Channel. At first I thought this is a newbie question for Muvipix…but then it hit me I bet that darn Steve already wrote a tutorial…sure enough there it was clear as day. I learned, I lived, I loved…and all before attending Church…That indeed was a blessing. Thank you Steve.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:28 am

Wow! All these good vibes and it's only Wednesday! Thanks much, guys!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:09 am

Jayell wrote:I second Dave's comment that DVAS isn't exactly intuitive .. and just trying to force your way through it can be an exercise in frustration. But WITH THE HELP OF STEVE'S BOOK, it has accomplished everything I had in mind. And the two together (program and book) are worth the price of admission.

I'll third the comment.

If one has both the software and the book, it would appear the creative possibilities are similar to what they are with the PRE/PSE bundle: limited only by one's imagination.

::wav::
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to DVD Architect