They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DVD Architect question.

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

DVD Architect question.

Postby tjbailey » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Thanks to Steve Grisetti's great tutorials, I have a pretty good handle on how to make this program work for me. There is one perplexing situation that I just can't seem to find the answer to on my own on a project I am trying to complete. I started with Premiere Elements 7.0 but was unable to burn the bluray disk, always would get an "access denied" message when the bur process would begin. At Steve's suggestion, I purchased DVD Architect and then used Elements to make my project into an MPEG which turned out to be about 25 Gb as there is almost 2 hours of video.

The project is divided into 12 events and I would like to have a button for each event which will require about three menu pages with 4 events on each. I am totally clear on how to create the menu pages and thumbnails but what I don't understand is how I get each event to start playing at the proper place. All of them want to start at the beginning. Do I need to divide my MPEG into 12 different files or am I missing something?

TJ
tjbailey
New User
New User

Re: DVD Architect question.

Postby Peru » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:21 pm

:wcm:
If you mean DVDAS (S for Studio), you should be able to set in and out points as per the tutorials on Muvipix. I am pretty sure Steve shows how to do this.
Peru

Postby tjbailey » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:41 pm

I see the In and Out points and did that for the first of the 12 segments. What I don't get is where to go from there. When I set up the 2nd segment, do I use the same 25Gb file again and do the In and Out points for it and so on and so on?
tjbailey
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:44 pm

And if you want to set up Scene/Chapter Markers, I show you how to do that in my books!

Is that what you're trying to do?

I'm not clear, when you say "12 events", if these are separate clips or are separate scenes in a longer video clip.

If they are scenes in a longer clip, double-click on the clip's button so that the clip opens in the Workspace panel and the video appears in the Timeline panel. Then it's just a matter of creating and positioning Scene/Chapter markers.

When you then create a Scene Menu page, the markers will appear as buttons.

And you know I DID do a free tutorial on this! To find it, just go to the Muvipix products page and type "DVD Architect" in the search box! (But the book is still a very valuable asset. ;) )
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby rusty » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:52 pm

It's probably too late for you now, but sometimes it is easier to set the workarea bar (in PE) over a portion of the long project (ie one of your "events") and export that as its own separate MPEG clip, repeat for all 12 scenes/events, and then bring those in separately to DVDAS. That will automatically create buttons for each scene without having to set markers (which I found can be a bit of a pain, especially with a long clip, and sometimes a little imprecise science due to i-frames often not being exactly where you want them). It's something to think about up front next time.
Russ
rusty
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby tjbailey » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:01 pm

This project is a wedding that took place over 3 days. there was a dinner on Thr nite, a Fri rehersal, Fri nite dinner, Sat pre wedding photo shoot, Wedding etc etc. That is what I mean by an event. Everything is on the same video clip that I did in Elements. I would like each event to show up as a Chapter. That is what I am having trouble doing. I would love to have your book and don't mind spending the $30, it is just that I don't want to wait for it to get here as I am already late in getting this done

I watched the tutorials twice but I must have mised the part where you talk about this. Is it on 1, 2, or 3?

Thanks again for your help Steve. I'll get it figured out even if I have to go back in Elements and split that one long clip into 12 different segments.

Regards

TJ
tjbailey
New User
New User

Postby rusty » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:20 pm

If you go to about 3:30 of Steve's free tutorial "Creating Scene and Chapter Markers - DVD Architect Studio 4.5", he shows you how to create a Scene Selection menu and buttons for the scene markers you have placed. Also, be sure that the markers are place on an i-frame (ie a "main" frame) by nudging the marker left or right until the exclamation point disappears.
Russ
rusty
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby tjbailey » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:36 pm

Got it Rusty, thanks for suggesting. I had not watched that tutorial, only parts 1, 2, and 3. I am off to the races.
tjbailey
New User
New User

Return to DVD Architect