They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DVD Architect - Looping menu background

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

DVD Architect - Looping menu background

Postby Jayell » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:48 pm

I'm reading through your book, Steve, DVDAS 4.5.
I want the motion background on the Main Menu page to play continuously until the user clicks on a menu item. I believe I'm understanding that is NOT an option (other than placing that clip on the timeline multiple times, which is only slightly helpful). I do understand about looping the video BEFORE the buttons appear. I want it to continue looping while the buttons are on the screen. Any way to do that?

Edit: OK, I got the background to loop .. but then the audio jumps back to the beginning each time. Can I get the background to loop .. but NOT the audio?
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: DVD Architect - Looping menu background

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:17 pm

I'm not sure there's a way to make the audio loop but not the video, Jayell.

About your only option would be to use a still as your background and have looping music.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Jayell » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:23 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:I'm not sure there's a way to make the audio loop but not the video, Jayell.

Actually I want the VIDEO to loop, but not the audio. But I'm sure the answer is the same. They seem to function together. Thanks for the response Steve. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Some of these functions are a little awkward, in that the steps to get you there require making adjustments on multiple property panels.
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:54 pm

In EncoreDVD you control the motion menu and the audio separately. Maybe there is something similar in DVD Architect;
Menu Audio has a Length setting and a number of times to loop setting.
Video has a length setting and a number of times to loop setting also.
Then there is a control that you set for what to do when the looping stops, like start the movie.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Jayell » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:28 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:In EncoreDVD you control the motion menu and the audio separately. Maybe there is something similar in DVD Architect;

I'm still learning DVDAS, but I'll keep looking around. It seems weird you could control one, but not the other.
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby cbrillow » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:06 am

Disclaimer: I use DVD-A 5 Pro, so I'm not familiar with how it may differ from DVD-A Studio

As the others have stated, it doesn't appear that DVD Architect offers the type of individual control over menu media audio & video that you seek.

However, here's a suggestion to accomplish what (I think) you want:

1) Go back to your NLE and open the project in which you built your motion menu.

2) Copy the video portion of the clip you're using for your motion menu.

3) Paste this back-to-back with the existing clip on the timeline. This should give you two identical video segments, the first one with audio, and the second, without. You may want to kiss black between the two segments to provide a definitive breakpoint.

4) Render to a new file.

Now open up DVD Architect, and replace the menu media with your new file. Set the loop point to the breakpoint established in step 4, above. This will result in the menu video playing through once with audio and no buttons on the screen, then loop continuously with buttons, but no audio.

Alternately, you could make two separate clips of your motion menu -- one with audio and one without. Set the clip with audio as the DVD's introductory media (assuming you don't already have one) and the clip without audio as the menu background media.
cbrillow
New User
New User

Postby Jayell » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:28 am

cbrilllow - thanks so much for taking the time for your detailed instructions! I think this is doable in DVD Studio, but
my goal was to have audio play continuously.. with buttons the entire time. But trying your suggestion may help me to better understand how this works, and to give me ideas in future projects.
I think the easiest solution for my current goal is just to make the audio fit the length of the video, so that when it loops each time along with the video, everything works together
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:15 pm

Good suggestion cbrillow and welcome to Muvipix. :wcm:
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby cbrillow » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:38 am

Jayell wrote:cbrilllow - thanks so much for taking the time for your detailed instructions! I think this is doable in DVD Studio, but
my goal was to have audio play continuously.. with buttons the entire time.

Whew! I sure didn't understand it that way from the previous posts -- must be time for new reading glasses! :)

At any rate, I'm happy that you've arrived at an acceptable solution.
cbrillow
New User
New User

Postby cbrillow » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:39 am

John 'twosheds' McDonald wrote:Good suggestion cbrillow and welcome to Muvipix. :wcm:
Thanks for the welcome, but I've 'been here' for awhile. Just don't check in too often...
cbrillow
New User
New User

Postby Jayell » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:41 am

cbrillow wrote:
Jayell wrote:Whew! I sure didn't understand it that way from the previous posts -- must be time for new reading glasses! :)

Sorry for the confusion. I thought I had half the problem solved, so didn't mention it in the post. Then when I got the other part solved, it unfixed the first half. ;) Anyway, thanks again for your help.
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby cbrillow » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:24 pm

You're quite welcome. I do enjoy helping where I'm able... :)
cbrillow
New User
New User

Return to DVD Architect