They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

My experience with Sony DVD Architect Studio 4.5

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

My experience with Sony DVD Architect Studio 4.5

Postby JohnnyO » Sat May 02, 2009 6:13 pm

I finished reading Streve's fantastic book. I purchased DVD Architect Studui over a year ago, but never had the time to learn about all of its features. Thank's to Steves's book, I am now familiar with all of the fantastic features of this DVD authoring tool.

As far as DVD authoring tools go, I have only used Sonic My DVD in the distant past (before moving to PRE), PRE and more recently Magic Movie Edit Pro. These DVD authoring tools are part of the video editing packages and have some advantages, but Sony DVD Architect Studio 4.5 has allowed me to produce the best DVD menu I have made so far.

here are the features I have used:

1. pre-menu introduction video
2. The menu looping feature for each menu, which allowed me to have a small introdutory video for each menu, before the buttons appear.
3. Setting custom colors for the highlihgts of the video
4. I also set a timeout on the main menu to automatically start the video after a fixed period of time.
5. It allows you to select the number of buttons in the sub-menus
6. scene markers are set in the timeline.
6. I also used my own customized background video and sound for each menu.

I designed my pre-menu logo and the menu background video in my video editing software (I use either MAGIX MEP 15 Plus or PRE 7).

I want to try the custom highlight shapes as well as the custom buttons in my next video. They look realy cool

Yes, the learning curve is high, but the results are as close to a professional video as you can get in a consumer DVD Authoring tool.

You can't beat it and the price is very reasonable.

And thanks Steve for writing your book. You have helped me immensely to create this menu.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: My experience with Sony DVD Architect Studio 4.5

Postby Bill Hunt » Sat May 02, 2009 6:19 pm

JohnnyO,

Thank you for the report. Since Adobe dropped EncoreDVD from their lineup of stand-alone applications, I have not had anything to recommend to others, who were not going to purchase the full CS version of PrPro. This sounds like a great application and the price is certainly right. If I did not own EncoreDVD, I'd have bought this one long ago.

Appreciated,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat May 02, 2009 9:42 pm

Wow! Thanks for the wonderful testimonial, Johnny! You just made all that work worthwhile!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon May 11, 2009 8:06 am

Has anyone been able to find this book in Europe/the UK?

Amazon UK doesn't appear to have it as a search of their website using the ISBN numbers returns zilch.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon May 11, 2009 9:22 am

Steve's books are not available outside of the USA, but he is willing to ship them anywhere :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bill Hunt » Mon May 11, 2009 5:52 pm

Must be something to do with international security. You know like most US companies cannot ship secrets to China! Maybe the Dept. of Defense, or the Dept. of Commerce, does not want our classified stuff across the "Pond... "

Seriously, I am surprised that his books are NOT available in Europe/UK. Is this due to © issues, or distribution contracts?

Just curious,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon May 11, 2009 11:56 pm

Bill Hunt wrote:Must be something to do with international security. You know like most US companies cannot ship secrets to China! Maybe the Dept. of Defense, or the Dept. of Commerce, does not want our classified stuff across the "Pond... "

And I always thought that we were on the same side..... :-8 :-D
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Return to DVD Architect