They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Menu Markers

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Menu Markers

Postby AVITRY » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:58 am

Hey guys .... not to worry, I'll keep you busy cause they don't come any dumber than me! LOL

So, as I learn more about DVD Arch. Studio, I'm finding this is far more program than I initially thought. I think once I grasp it ... ( if ever) I'm going to like it's depth.

One thing I saw was if a video is rendered in Sony Vegas using menu markers, once it is imported into DVD Arch. The menu markers are still recognized after the render.

My question ... although I fear the worse ... would the same hold true if I did my editing in Adobe PE and then rendered to mpeg in Adobe PE, would the menu markers be recognized in DVD Arch?

Or, would I have to create them separately in DVD Arch since they are two different programs entirely?

thanks much ....
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Menu Markers

Postby Bob » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:36 pm

DVD Architect (DVDA) will not be able to use the Premiere Elements markers. You'll need to enter them in DVD Architect.
Bob

Postby Peru » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:45 pm

It is, however, pretty easy to set menu markers in DVDAS.
Steve's book is pretty thorough about that.
Peru

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:11 pm

We've also got a nice tutorial here on Muvipix.com!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby AVITRY » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:21 pm

Perhaps I'm missing something again, but ... can you scrub the timeline in DVDA in order to find the placement you want for chapter markers? Seems all I can do is click on an area of the timeline to get the CTI to go there, but I don't see a way to scrub along the timeline.

Let me rephrase that. I see then when I drag the timeline, I get that shadowed selection covering the area of the timeline to the left of my drag. I'm not clear on how or if that is going to affect things. That seems like a separate function that I'm messing with.

Also, can the timeline video be compressed to all fit on the timeline. I don't know why I can't find this stuff, sorry. When I drag along the timeline with that shadow ... I'd be able to cover a lot more ground if it had an option like PE where you hit the backslash key to fit the timeline. Seems I can't move along the timeline farther than what is visible, or is the view of the timeline always the entire clip by default?
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby vkmast » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:40 pm

See the online Help (F1), Keyboard shortcuts, Timeline window section for helpful KB shortcuts for what you want to do. Especially try the Arrow buttons. And try + and - to see what happens.
The left edge of the shadowed section is the Out point.
vkmast

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:51 pm

In addition to the above post by vkmast, note that in the bottom right corner there are two sets of + (plus) and - (minus) signs that you can click on. One increases or decreases the amount of zoom of the timeline. You can click to the approximate area that you're interested in and then zoom in, click again to refine your point, then zoom in again, etc. You can do this right down to the frame level if you need to. Here's a screen capture of the + and - :

Timeline Zoom.jpg

You can also use the scrollbar at the bottom to aid in moving where you need to be:
Scrollbar.jpg

The other set of + and - increases the vertical size of the track, giving you better visualization of the preview images. Note the larger track size in the previous screen capture:
Track Size.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby AVITRY » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:24 am

Thank you guys .... very embarrassing to say I have a 23" flat screen monitor, I have it set to less than it's full resolution. I have it at 1680 x 1050.

Before you posted about the + and - buttons in the lower right, I NEVER saw them, and after you posted I barely see them now. Thanks for posting.

I gotta be going blind. I have new prescription bifocals on and I still have to fight to see the words and buttons. Especially in PE.

I suppose it's easy to say the damned fonts are too small when you're blind. No one else seems to have a problem seeing this stuff. thanks again!!!
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:35 am

I can relate to the vision issues. And the longer I stare at a computer screen the worse it gets. I can't use those high resolutions, even your 1680 x 1050. I'm at 1920 x 1200, which is the native resolution for my 22" monitor, and even then it's a challenge sometimes. Doc says I have some degree of cataracts, but not enough to qualify for surgery, but I avoid driving at night if I have a choice - glare of oncoming headlights and I just don't see as well in the dark as I used to. Getting older does take its toll.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby AVITRY » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:28 pm

Dave, once again, thanks for the reply. your resolution of 1920 x 1200 on the monitor would result in even smaller text than mine which is 1680 x 1050.

Deleted all that other stuff... figured not video related, better in water cooler.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:25 pm

Of course you're right about the resolution. Sometimes I read too fast. Thanks for the insight regarding cataracts and testing. Everyone I know who's had the surgery always raves about what an amazing improvement it is for them. Mine have been progressing very slowly. I've had them for many years. I probably don't even realize what I'm missing.

Dave McElderry

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:42 am

I can scrub along the timeline in DVDAS 5.0 if I drag along the audio track or in the empty space below the audio track. I can not scrub by dragging along the video track.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to DVD Architect