They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Is this theoretically possible?

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Is this theoretically possible?

Postby super8guy » Mon May 12, 2014 11:19 am

Previously whenever I've made a DVD, I simply sent the edited files to AS via the Make Movie option in MSPSv12. Now I am editing a two camera shoot and have discovered it much easier to sync the pict + sound on individual instances of MS. For example, lets say I have the following five completed, but not yet rendered portions (.vf files) that I'd like to open in AS to create a DVD.

1) Intro to the play
2) Act 1 (with markers 1-5)
3) Act 2 (with markers 6-11)
4) out takes
5) Interview w/ director

In theory, is it possible to open AS, then individually add the above five .vfs? Then go about creating the DVD? If I were to create .m2ts (rendered) versions of each of the five and then tried to combine them in AS, would that be "better" (or even possible?)

...just wondering and pushing my envelope
Panasonic AG-AC130A, Sony HDR-SR11, Garmin Virb, Dji Osmo Action, and Contour video cameras, VEGAS Pro 16.0 i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.7GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 Home Premium 64 bit,
super8guy

Re: Is this theoretically possible?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon May 12, 2014 11:44 am

DVD Architect doesn't work with Movie Studio or Vegas project files, super8guy. So you'll need to render them as MPEG2s in order to bring them into DVD Architect.

Once you've done that, you could create a playlist so that one sequence plays right after another or as individual movies that your viewer could view one at a time.

But if you just intend to combine them all into one movie, there's no point in doing your assembly in DVD Architect. That's like using DVD Architect as a video editor, something it isn't designed to do and there's no advantage in doing.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Is this theoretically possible?

Postby super8guy » Tue May 13, 2014 12:18 pm

Thanks for the clarification/explanation. Back to the drawing board for me.
Panasonic AG-AC130A, Sony HDR-SR11, Garmin Virb, Dji Osmo Action, and Contour video cameras, VEGAS Pro 16.0 i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.7GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 Home Premium 64 bit,
super8guy

Return to DVD Architect