They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Just beginning with Architect and wondering...

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Just beginning with Architect and wondering...

Postby BuddyB » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:36 pm

Frankly I cannot figure what it's all about. At the moment it appears a mish mash of stuff. It looks like it might be a slide show creator among other things. I'm not sure that it is as easy to master as ImgBurn. I know I have a ways to go for everything, and the learning curve has me scratching my head a bit.
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Just beginning with Architect and wondering...

Postby Bob » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:57 pm

DVD Architect is a DVD/Blu-ray authoring program. You use it to build the menu pages for the DVD and link the buttons to the media or other menus. It then builds a disc image according to the DVD/Blu-ray Specifications and burns it to a disc or folder.

ImgBurn, on the other hand, is just a copy/burn program. It does not author the DVD content. You have to prepare the content with another program such as DVD Architect or Premiere Elements.

The DVD authoring capability in Premiere Elements is fairly basic. You have a lot more flexibility and capability to build your DVD using DVD Architect.

Steve has a Muvipix Guide to DVD Architect.
Bob

Postby Peru » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Don't forget the DVDAS tutorials here:

http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=44
(scroll down)
Peru

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:04 pm

Bob wrote:Steve has a Muvipix Guide to DVD Architect.

The interface is not what I'd call intuitive, or particularly user-friendly. But once you see how it's designed everything comes together. I bought Steve's book and found it invaluable. The program is very inexpensive and very powerful for the average hobbyist/enthusiast user.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:07 pm

More about the book -- plus a batch of free tutorials -- at
http://muvipix.com/dvdas5.php
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby vkmast » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:11 pm

And it's worthwhile to remember that DVD A Studio 5 has not essentially changed much (aside from the AVCHD DVD option...) since Steve's book came out.
vkmast

Postby BuddyB » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:52 am

All the input here is tremendous, and will send me on my way. Thanks. Bob, I thought that when you did the Make Movie in Vegas that would be the only prep needed prior to burning DVDs/BluRays. I've been doing this for almost a year, but time restraints for devotion to the craft makes me a bit slow I guess. The link from Peru will be most helpful also. Will check the book out Steve. The Vegas book is invaluable. :)
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby mcgregni » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:14 pm

I've got the book and its just helped me complete my first 'deep' DVD project (I mean I've been able to use all the features over and above just a plain one page menu). Thanks again to Steve for the book which really makes all the difference - so many things that you won't just 'figure out'!

The DVD works great - it contains 4 main videos ( all produced in Vegas MS 13), but I went that bit further and did scene markers, created a scene menu (link from main page), then individual scene menus for each video with the opening music from each video playing there as well. Even managed to get an intro video to play before the main menu page and buttons come on screen (you finally got me understanding loop points & start points Steve). I thoroughly recommend Steve's book on DVD Architect Studio 5.0. :TU:
mcgregni
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:57 am

Wow! Thanks for the ringing endorsement, McG!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to DVD Architect