They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

An error occurred while preparing compilation

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Postby donjax » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:15 pm

Using DVD Architect Studio 5.0 (Bulid 186) on Windows 8.1 PC.
After having successfully created several different Blu Ray Discs I am now getting the following error message:

DVD Architect Studio 5.0
File name: N/A
Status: MUXComp:Validating error. --- Cannot load the schema for the namespace 'http://tempuri.org/ProjectDefinition.xsd' - Could not find file 'D:\METS'...[/color]

I can not determine what the message means when it reads: "- Could not find file 'D:\METS'..."
Note Drive D: is where the video clip files (*.vf) are located.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DonJax
donjax
New User
New User

Re: An error occurred while preparing compilation

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:32 pm

What did you use for source video for creating your disc, donjax?

Did you use an optimized format output from Vegas?

You really can't or shouldn't use video directly from a camcorder in DVD Architect.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby donjax » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:24 pm

The source files that were used with Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 were all of the mp4 type. I had used these same source files to successfully burn 3 different Blu Ray Disc on DVD Architect Studio 5.0 without a problem.
Now for what ever reason I get the error message described above.
But prior to the problem occurring I had a message saying that "There is not enough space to Prepare the Image"
I went to the help screen for this message and it said that there was not enough space in the Temp folder and to select another folder that had adequate space. I created the folder C:\Temp that has 35 GBytes of space.
Under the Options>Preferences>Burning window the "Temporary Files Folder" show this folder is selected and the "Free storage space in the selected folder" indicates 35,000 MB.
yet I still get the same message that "There is not enough space to prepare the image".

Wasup?
donjax
New User
New User

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:54 am

Hi donjax and welcome to Muvipix. :meet:

You appear to have at least two HDDs. Can you post back with how much disc space you have and how much free space there is.

Quite possibly a red herring but might give a clue. :-D
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:46 am

I would recommend you use optimized files to port your project from Vegas to DVD Architect rather than MP4s.

For BluRay discs that would be to use Render As/Main Concept MPEG2/BluRay 1920x1080 25 Mbps to create the video stream and Render As/Sony Wave64 to create the audio stream. These streams will recombine in DVD Architect and they will require minimal recomposing -- which will not only give you better results but will also give you much faster results. It will also greatly reduce the temp space needed to render your video.

Also try saving your Prepared Image File to a different location on your hard drive so that it isn't reusing space that is already gunked up with old temp and render files.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby donjax » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:01 pm

Per your last suggestion I removed all the previously used Movie Studio 12 and DVD Architect Studio 5.0 generated files from my 250 Gbyte SSD C: drive. Before doing this last step I did not have much capacity left on the C: drive so I began saving the newly generated files on to my D: 2Tbyte HDD. That is when I got the following error message:

DVD Architect Studio 5.0
File name: N/A
Status: MUXComp:Validating error. --- Cannot load the schema for the namespace 'http://tempuri.org/ProjectDefinition.xsd' - Could not find file 'D:\METS'...[/color]

But once all the Movie Studio 12 and DVD Architect Studio 5.0 files were executed using the C: drive everything worked fine. I guess the software gets confused when the files are not all on the C: drive.
Anyway thanks for your suggestions/help. I still have much to learn about these two programs but your books and Muvipix have been a big help.
donjax
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:22 pm

Glad we helped you find a solution, donjax!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby urr » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:46 pm

Hello,

I ran into the same problem with Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13.0. The program is installed on C drive and I assigned a folder on E drive (E:\tmp\movie) as the temporary folder because I don't have much free disk space on C. Every time I got the error,

Cannot load the schema for the namespace '... ProjectDefinition.xsd' - Could not find file 'E:\tmp\Movie'..

This did not occur when I assigned C:\tmp\movie as the temp folder, but then I got an error of not enough space on device.

For some reason, I guess it's a bug, the software does not like the temp folder to be elsewhere than on C drive.

For me the solution was to create a junction from C:\tmp\movie to E:\tmp\movie:

mklink /j c:\tmp\movie e:\tmp\movie

See "NTFS junction point" in Wikipedia for more info about junctions.

Hope this helps in case someone runs into this.
urr
New User
New User

Return to DVD Architect