They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Any recommendations for external Blu-Ray writers?

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Any recommendations for external Blu-Ray writers?

Postby dsttexas » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:29 am

My high end laptop supports one e-sata, two USB 3.0, and one USB 2.0 so having a good port for an external burner should be fine. The question is whether there is any consensus on good quality external burners. Any suggestions?

Also, I understand these burners are only meant for computer connections for writing and playing, and do not support an HDMI output for direct play on a HiDef 1080p TV. So a Blu-Ray player would be needed for that. And that they don't support playing commercial Blu-Ray discs. True?
Dell Vostro quad core i7, 6GB, Win 10 64 bit, latest service levels. Sony Movie Studio 12, DVD Arch Studio 5, Adobe Premiere Elements 14.
dsttexas

Re: Any recommendations for external Blu-Ray writers?

Postby sidd finch » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:23 pm

You can get an external Blu-ray burner for approx. $90 USD. They will play and burn Blu-ray discs. LG makes some nice ones. The thing to keep in mind is to make sure you purchase quality blank discs and burn your movies at a slow speed. Sometimes the higher speed misses information. the Blu-ray in essence is just a higher capicity DVD that can play and record HD video. But you can also use them for data discs too.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to DVD Architect