They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Adding multiple mpeg2 files to make a blu ray

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Adding multiple mpeg2 files to make a blu ray

Postby ifoundabuddy » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:22 am

I was suggested by Steve on Adobe Forum to break up my project on Premiere Elements and then put them together in Sony DVd Archtect Stuido 5.0. It was easy to do with only one project consisting of one enormous mpeg 2 file but it was very bulky. I cannot seem to get them into the compilation panel period. I could get them all in the project overview panel, but they are not put into succession to be able to burn multiple mpeg2 files to a blu ray!!!! And i can only view each one individually. What am i doing wrong? This is supposed to be easier????? Any suggestions welcome.
Ron
ifoundabuddy
New User
New User

Re: Adding multiple mpeg2 files to make a blu ray

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:17 am

I guess I'm not sure what you're trying to do, Ron.

Do you want one video on your BluRay or several short videos that can be viewed individually or, alternately, all at once?

Your MPEG files shouldn't be big and bulky. What program did you output them from and what output specs did you use? Ideally you should be rendering your videos as 1440x1080 MPEGs (which will produce M2T files). And they should only be about 500 megabytes in size per minute of running time (about 12 gigabytes per hour).
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ifoundabuddy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:23 pm

I will try to clarify. My goal is to finish a project started in Premiere Elements 9.0 which i divided into 3 sections, each one planned to be a blu ray, with the less than 25 GB of still photos. So there were 28 separate mpeg2s formed from the 28 separate projects in Premiere Elements to keep them smaller as you suggested, some a little bigger than others, but i understood i could assemble the 10 or so finished mpeg2 s in the Sony program into 1 blu ray, add the music and burn the disc. But i wasn't able to put the 10 separate mpeg2's in succession to burn the single blu-ray. I went back to Premiere Elements and assembled the 10 mpegs back into PE, and was successful at putting them together, but i don't trust PE very far with the big projects, as experienced with the first one i did get accomplished, but it was a slow tedious task.

ron
ifoundabuddy
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:29 pm

Ron, you certainly should be able to combine those separate MPEGs in Premiere Elements to create one final video for a DVD Architect BluRay project.

However, those MPEGs should actually be 1440x1080 M2Ts. And you should be able to easily combine them in a project that's set up for HDV. Once you've got them all on the timeline, use Share/MPEG/1440x1080 to create a final M2T for DVD Architect. (You don't say how powerful your computer is. But, if your system is able to work with hi-def video at all, this operation should cause it minimal stress.)

You could, of course, also combine these 28 clips in DVD Architect -- but, as you've found, that's kind of a clunky way to do it. DVD Architect performs best when the video you give it is in as close to final form as possible.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ifoundabuddy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:05 pm

thanks Steve. What you say is exactly what i did, because i found trying to assemble to multiple mpeg2s as impossible to accomplish, but i had thought that was what i should do, so i shall continue with PE to do that. Thanks for the clarification. The blu rays turned out great, and no hitches with the Sony program.

Ron
ifoundabuddy
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:08 am

Awesome news, Ron!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to DVD Architect