They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Create menus on flash drive?

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Re: Create menus on flash drive?

Postby Ken Jarstad » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:46 pm

Earl_J_MauiBoy wrote:IF we can have streaming data these days from a single digital source, we just need to figure out
how to take our DVD data (video stream) and make the modern-day TV "think" it's coming from
a streaming source like Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, yes?
I mentioned in a previous post about putting the edited videos on a Western Digital usb powered hard drive. I think I also mentioned how HDTVs and Blu-Ray Disk players are absolutely lousy at playing back thumbdrives and usb harddrives. Recently I decided to upgrade our two cheapy Roku stick devices to the top of the line Ultra model. They have come down in price and are usually under $80. The Ultra version supports usb input and it reliably plays just about anything from the Western Digital portable harddrives! Finally, a usable solution for distributing family memories. They don't support a menu system of course but a little creative file naming will get them to display in a proper alphanumeric order.

Blessings,

-=Ken=-
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:19 am

That's awesome Ken, so happy for you !! Hope you are doing well :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ken Jarstad » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:04 pm

Hi Chuck! You and so many other folks here have been in the forum for the long haul. Kudos! I am doing well for an old guy. Dragging my feet on producing the final family memories products though. It seems the longer I wait more and better solutions appear. Maybe before I croak I will see some interest from the family :roll:
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:03 am

I know how you feel Ken, so great to see you in the group. Yup, we've been around a long time. Hope we are around for a lot longer.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:31 am

Maybe before I croak I will see some interest from the family

Ken I think that is the video editors curse and conundrum. But unlike the movie "Just build it and they will come" it is more like if I edit it will they watch... :ha:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:34 am

I figure if it's created it will be available, and that's about all we can do. If they choose not to be interested, then so be it. If someone doesn't create it, it won't be available to anyone. Deep, huh? :)
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Ken Jarstad » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:28 pm

You guys are great! I'm glad I stopped in.
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Earl_J_MauiBoy » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:09 pm

Aloha all y'all. . .
I just now came in to ask this very same question - a few years late... to be sure, but I am surprised there is already a solution...
Thanks Ken... I was reading the link from 2018... responded, and was shocked to see the response posted to a 2021 comment...LOL
I just came from the Pegasys site after downloading the free trial...
I'll tinker with it tomorrow (SAT) and let you know how it runs... on version 1.0.6.7 after all this time; it appears not enough demand to make frequent updates at this point.
IF anyone has used it - or has some seasoned-experience with it... bring it on here...
IF nothing else, it'll be fun...
Thanks again Ken... as well as the rest of all y'all for piping in. . .

Until that time. . .
Born on Valley Isle; Home now, North Carolina; Aloha y'all . . .
Razer Laptop; WIN 10/64-bit; Vegas 18.0; DVDA 7.0; PGMX Creator v. 1.0.6.7
Earl_J_MauiBoy

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:53 am

Don't you love it when we answer questions before you ask them?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Earl_J_MauiBoy » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:38 pm

Right on, Steve... finding solutions to things I haven't even encountered. . . (sigh) ... you guys are fantastic...
I just need to remember to come here more often so I get answers before I encounter any problems...
You know, I don't remember being this forgetful when I was younger... (shaking my head)...
I have the latest version of PGMX Creator... looks rather intriguing... and so convoluted a building process from DVDA...
I love the concept... and it appears, I can build/rebuild on the fly... not like burning a disk that's wasted if incorrectly burned.
Just a bit of a learning curve... much like coming off the 4th-turn at Charlotte Motor Speedway...
flying toward the finish line at a leisurely 200+ mph... LOL
I think it'll work for my project...
I think I saw a link to a bulk purchase spot for thumbdrives/flashdrives that might come in handy...
Just need a method to keep them from getting so easily misplaced... hmmm...
Thanks for all the insight and thought-provoking theories, all y'all...
In fact, that's my response to questions I get about joining this online group...
Those guys never fail to provoke. . . (wink)
Thanks again...

Until that time. . .
Born on Valley Isle; Home now, North Carolina; Aloha y'all . . .
Razer Laptop; WIN 10/64-bit; Vegas 18.0; DVDA 7.0; PGMX Creator v. 1.0.6.7
Earl_J_MauiBoy

Previous

Return to DVD Architect