They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Trying to recreate "photograph" effect/transition

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Trying to recreate "photograph" effect/transition

Postby stedanrac » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:40 pm

Hey Folks,

I am using PE9 to edit a wedding video. I tried out teh "Outdoor Wedding" theme and didn't really care for the way it chopped stuff up, but I really liked one effect in it and I'm trying to figure out how to recreate it.

The effect looks like a flash picture that freezes the video and then lifts up a still photograph of the last frame in the video.

It seems like this can be recreated using the stock effects in PE9, but maybe someone smarter than me has already figured out how.

Thanks
Steve
stedanrac
New User
New User

Re: Trying to recreate "photograph" effect/transition

Postby Bob » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:36 pm

If you want to see how instant movie did something, you can right click on the instant movie video in timeline mode and select "break apart instant movie". That will reveal all the tracks and edits that were made to create the instant movie. Position the CTI to the location where the effect you want to examine is located and you can see exactly how that was done.
Bob

Re: Trying to recreate "photograph" effect/transition

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:15 pm

We also have a tutorial for that in our products section, I think that one is for subscribers only.
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0

But Bob is correct, you can figure it all out by breaking apart the instant movie.
If you have any questions just let us know, someone is usually around to help you out.

Welcome to Muvipix Steve :wcm:

All the best,
Chuck
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 9