They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Different results on different dvd players, why???

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Postby rvrkids » Mon May 09, 2011 3:14 pm

Hello again experts -

I have a new question for you and I'm sure you will be able to answer this one pretty easily.

I have created my DVD by combining multiple DV-AVI widescreen files into a new DV-widescreen project. Output quality is good.

I have 2 sections that I transition the photos to the beat of the music. On 2 DVD players, both older models, everything is perfect and hits the mark right on...however, if I play the dvd in my newest dvd player which has progressive scan and upscaling to hd, the transitions are just not quite on, they lag behind the beat ever so slightly.

Why the difference? I wouldn't even know how to fix/change it because it is right on the beats in my project.

Thanks.
rvrkids

Re: Different results on different dvd players, why???

Postby momoffduty » Mon May 09, 2011 3:25 pm

I haven't noticed any lag with our blue ray player upscaling to the HD TV. Is your audio through the TV or a receiver? If it is the receiver it could be the settings. If that is even possible.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon May 09, 2011 3:28 pm

How are the players connected into your home theater system? This sounds like a lag problem which can take place when your signals take certain paths getting from point A to point B. My bet is that the players are hooked up differently from each other. It's not a problem with the disc itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby rvrkids » Mon May 09, 2011 3:37 pm

Thanks...I will take a look at that.

The first player was one at the school connected to a projector that will be playing the DVD for a graduation reception and the sound goes thru their receiver.

Both of my home players were hooked up the same at one time but I recently had to change some things around and can't remember how things wound up.

I do know that the sound in my both of my systems goes directly to my receivers via optical and my newer dvd player is hooked directly to my tv via hdmi but I can't remember how my older dvd player is connected.

Will check and see if that is the difference.
rvrkids

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon May 09, 2011 4:12 pm

An optical input is typically a place where this can happen. HDMI, not so much. In fact, most receivers have adjustments in the settings where you can correct for lag/lead (in milliseconds).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby rvrkids » Mon May 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Okay, I double checked and my 2 dvd players are hooked up different.

My older one, transition is exactly on the beat, has the video and audio going to my receiver (HDMI) and then the video to the TV (Component Video).

My newer one, timing is just ever so slightly off, the video goes straight to the TV(HDMI) and the audio goes to receiver (optical).

I have never had this problem before with any other DVDs, either rented/store bought movies or those I have created.

I saw the adjustment for the a/v sync and tried different adjustments on the lag time but that didn't change enough to fix the timing.
rvrkids

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon May 09, 2011 7:03 pm

So I guess my question then becomes...if the TV has an HDMI input, why not run everything to the receiver as HDMI and then the output to the TV HDMI input? Do you have enough HDMI inputs on the receiver to do that? Should solve the issue.

Dave McElderry

Postby rvrkids » Tue May 10, 2011 6:48 pm

And there is my problem. As I said, my receiver with my newer dvd player is old and does not even have one HDMI input.

I am just going to leave it as is and assume those that it will be okay on the players of those people that get the DVD. If I want to watch it again here I will just watch it on my older player in the other room.

Thanks for your help and at least showing me that it is not a problem with the DVD.
rvrkids

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue May 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Sorry, I missed that you said receivers. I thought there was just one involved. If you wanted to check, you could try the DVD player that's giving you the problem on the receiver that has HDMI. However, I've gone through this before where I was sending a separate optical audio signal through the receiver and having out-of-sync problems. I'm 99.9% sure that your disc is okay.

Dave McElderry

Return to PRE Version 9