They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Flash exports for the web from Elements 9

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Flash exports for the web from Elements 9

Postby brenda » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:33 pm

On my website, I have embedded a 42 second video clip, which I am running with the JWPlayer from Longtail Video (which resides on the server). I successfully used it to run a 3 minute clip ("Rockaway Beach") on my website before the current clip, "Alpine Ducks". I'm having problems with the Alpine Ducks footage - it keeps stopping to rebuffer every few seconds when it first loads. The Rockaway Beach clip was three times longer and didn't pause nearly as often. I think the problem might be the flash export settings I used.

Here are the URLs so you can see what I"m talking about:
Alpine Ducks - http://www.brendagrantland.com
Rockaway Beach - http://www.brendagrantland.com/newhome.html

I made the earlier Rockaway Beach clip using Premiere Elements 4, Steve's Elements 7 book, and advice from various people. Now I have upgraded to Elements 9 and it's taking some tweaking to get it working right.

In both instances I took the footage in widescreen standard mode on my Sony HDR-UX7 camcorder. I imported the Alpine Ducks footage with Premiere Elements 9, from my mini-DVD in the computer's DVD drive -- instead of using StreamClip like the Rockaway Beach footage. As you may have seen from other posts, Elements 9's standard widescreen presets for import don't seem to work with footage from my camera. I concocted a work-around which appears to be working for import, but now I'm having some new problems on the export.

Just in case the problem might be in tweaking the settings of the JWplayer or slowness of Verio's server, here are the URLs to the flv files themselves - maybe they'll work better run directly from your website:
Alpine Ducks -
Rockaway Beach -

I made a second flash export of the Alpine Ducks footage after tweaking the flash 8 advanced settings properties to try to match the settings I used for flash exports in PrE9 (although there were several I had to guess at because PrE9 had variables that weren't in PrE4.) The footage streams better, and miraculously compensates for camera shake in smoothing out the footage - but it makes the whole screen bounce on the page. I can't figure out how that could happen, since it is embedded in an html table, but it does. Check this out and you'll see. http://www.brendagrantland.com/indexNew.html. It must have something to do with the JW Player - so I'll ask the Longtail guys about it too.

Weird, huh?

So anyway, what are the proper specs for flash exports for the web for widescreen standard footage in Elements 9?

Brenda
brenda

Return to PRE Version 9