They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How to add a watermark

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

How to add a watermark

Postby bernieraffe » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:53 pm

Is there a way in PRE9 to add a watermark that will appear all the way through the video?
bernieraffe

Re: How to add a watermark

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:37 pm

You can certainly add a small graphic to an upper video track and it will appear over your entire video.

Is that what you're looking for, Bernie?

Have you got a design for your watermark?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bernieraffe » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info, I never thought of adding a graphic to a video layer, will give it a try.
bernieraffe

Postby Bill Hunt » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:35 pm

If you are doing work on a logo, that might have other uses in your business, I would start with Vector Art, in a program, like Illustrator, Freehand, or similar. This will allow you to Scale with no loss of quality.

Now, while PrE will Import Vector Art (say from an Illustrator AI file), it will have to be Rasterized for Video. Photoshop is much, much better at this, than is PrE (or PrPro). I would Place that Vector Art into a New Image in PS, and Scale the Vector Art, prior to Rasterizing it, with a Save_As to PSD, or PNG, so that you will retain Transparency, which will be important in your Video.

If you are creating this logo for basically that one purpose, then there is nothing to be gained by starting with Vector Art. However, you will want to do a New Image in PS (or the image editing program of your choice) with a Transparent Background Layer. PS also offers Presets to match most Video Projects' Frame Sizes, and PAR. They are a great place to start.

Now, I would do two things in PS: get the Scale very close to what will be used in PrE, and also position it fairly closely too, though this is less important, than the Scale. When done, Save_As either PSD, or PNG with Transparency.

Import that into PrE, drag it to a Video Track above your Video Clips, and then click+drag on its Tail to extend the Duration to match that of the Video. If necessary, you can adjust the fixed Effects>Motion>Position, and Motion>Scale (though I'd suggest getting this really, really close in PS).

If desired, you can also adjust the fixed Effect>Opacity for the PSD, to "ghost" it back a bit.

Good luck,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby bernieraffe » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:12 am

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the info.

The watermark will just be a copyright notice, a little like the PRE 9 trial one. I'm a professional photographer and would like to provide my wedding customers with a DVD slideshow, a mixture of stills and video.

The slideshow will be a 'taster' of what they can purchase.

Cheers,
Bernie
bernieraffe

Return to PRE Version 9