They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Rendering at max bit depth?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Rendering at max bit depth?

Postby deloid » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:14 pm

This pertains to analog to dig capture (32 bit vista) using adcv 300...Per the help for settings:
In selecting max bit depth under the video rendering option one gets "Allows Adobe Premiere Elements to use up to 32‑bit processing, even if the project uses a lower bit depth. Selecting this option increases precision but decreases performance."
I don't know if this means performance after capture or performance during the capture. Better precision in the final file?
Please help...I called support twice but they didn't understand the first call and the second call was disconnected in the middle of describing the question again.

Thanks
deloid
New User
New User

Re: Rendering at max bit depth?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:01 pm

In my not so humble opinion, those distinctions are too fine to even bother trying to figure out, d.

You will likely not see any noticeable decrease in performance or increased precision. The differences are that minute.

Though, if it matters, I'd expect that the performance they refer to is the efficiency of the file format you're editing.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Rendering at max bit depth?

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:03 pm

I tried that setting many versions ago. I didn't see any improvement in quality of video, but I had a lot of crashes with it so I gave up on it.

It won't affect captures. It's not about file content, but about using higher precision math when doing calculations involving effects and transitions.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to PRE Version 9