They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

menu problem

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

menu problem

Postby johndh » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:25 pm

I dropped a picture inside the "stage" menu. It shows up fine in menu preview and all the scene markers work fine.After burning and playing on my dvd player,still everything works fine but the picture is missing from the stage menu.I made sure the picture was inside the safe margins before burning.
johndh
New User
New User

Re: menu problem

Postby Paul LS » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:06 am

Hi John, a warm welcome to Muvpix.

Do you mean you replaced the existing background with a photo or just added a photo on top of the existing menu? I dont believe you can do the latter, however I dont use the DVD menu creation within Premiere Elements very much.

Have you taken a look at the free "Steve's Tips" on creating DVD Menus in the Free Downloads section? It details how to change the background amongst other things. It may give you a clue to where you are going wrong.
The "Steve's Tips" is called Creating DVD Menus in Premiere Elements and can be found on this page:
http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=41
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby johndh » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:31 pm

Thanks Paul,I tried opening Steve's tip "Creating DVD Menus in Premiere Elements" but after downloading it I tried to extract it and I get a message "your system does not meet the minimum requirements of 64 megs of ram"
Well I have 12 gigs so I know thats not the problem opening it.
I just tried dropping a picture on one of the pre made menus that causes the problem.
johndh
New User
New User

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:49 am

One solution to the keeping an image appearing in the menu is to create a video from the still image, about 5 seconds long should be enough, then use the video instead of the still image in the menu. That worked for someone else recently with a different menu.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby johndh » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:05 pm

Thanks RJ,I will try that.Is this an issue with PE9? or something I am doing wrong?
johndh
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Hi John,
I think this is an issue with some menus in Premiere Elements 9, doubt you are doing anything wrong.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 9