They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Motion tracking

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Motion tracking

Postby angelah100 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:42 am

I've been experimenting with motion tracking, and have the gist of it (thanks to Steve's tutorial). However, a few glitches I can't figure out:
- if I added a motion track to an object, and then want to delete it, how do I do that? If I click on the tracking box to highlight it in blue and click delete, nothing happens
- I opened up my project this morning and the 'motion tracking mode' icon appears to be disabled, is greyed out and I can't click on it. What did I do to disable it, and how do I get it back?

We have another 'snow & ice' day here in Texas, kids are very happy to not have school two days in a row and I'm hoping to get my little basketball movie completed today (assuming the power doesn't go out again). Hope you are all staying warm.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
angelah100

Re: Motion tracking

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:12 am

In order for Motion Tracking to be available, Angela, you must have a clip selected on your timeline.

That said, deleting tracking objects can be a little buggy. I don't think you can delete them all. If you can't, don't worry about it. Unless you have a clip or clip art actually tracking with this tracking object, it shouldn't affect your movie.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 9