They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Adding freeze frame leaves leftover clip bit

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Adding freeze frame leaves leftover clip bit

Postby angelah100 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:36 am

I have a video that begins with some still photos. On each still, I'm panning and zooming, and then at the end am turning the still into a 'cartoon' image by adding the new cartoon effect. Am not sure that I'm doing it using the best method: am creating my pan & zoom, I use PageDown and then use the left arrow once to get to the very end of the clip, do 'freeze frame' for one second, move the freeze frame to another video track and line it up so it ends at the same time as the original, apply the Cartoon effect to the FreezeFrame and have the FreezeFrame fade in. The end result looks good, it pans & zooms and then at the end turns into a cartoon. However, I seem to be getting teeny little leftover clip bits after I create the Freeze Frame, as if I am not truly at the end of the clip when I create it so there is a bit left over. Is there some way to avoid accidentally making those little clip bits?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
angelah100

Re: Adding freeze frame leaves leftover clip bit

Postby momoffduty » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:23 am

It would be helpful to see a screen shot of the timeline. Here is an option without using a freeze frame.

Pan & zoom your photo on track 1
Copy that photo to track 2 with all of the keyframes. They should be the same length exactly on top of each other with the keyframes matching up.

Apply the cartoon effect to the photo on track 2. Keyframe the opacity of this photo to fade in about 2 or 3 seconds in. You could then extend the length of the photo on track 2.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:20 pm

Yes, for still images you only need to drag the end of the image on the timeline to however long you want it, no need to Freeze Frame.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby angelah100 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:02 pm

That does sound alot easier and cleaner, think I will go back and do it that way even for those I've already completed. Thank you!

A question: to get to the end of a clip, hitting Page Down and then arrowing left one time should get me to the end of the clip, is that right? I thought I learned that in one of the tutorials but am not sure which one and don't have time to look for it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
angelah100

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:48 pm

Yes, page down will put you at the end of the last frame of the selected clip, and arrow left will put you at the beginning of the last frame/end of the 2nd to last frame. Depending on what you are doing that is fine, but if you don't effect the last frame of the clip it can leave a very quick bit that doesn't have an effect, 1/30th of a second but slow enough for the human eye to catch. For some effects just hitting the page down is all you need to do.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 9