They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sequences

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Sequences

Postby jiver » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi, I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 9 I would like to ask if its possible to import another sequence or project onto the timeline, so that when I come to burn the two projects together on a Blue Ray disc I will have a complete film, rather than having to use two discs. I understand that In Prem Elements 9 unlike in Prem Pro there is only one sequence but my two holiday films are each around 40 mins long. Do I have to have two separate projects on two separate discs or can I have both projects on just one disc.

Also can I ask if anyone knows what the light grey bar on the Work Area Bar is? And how do I get rid of it, I noticed that the WAB does not automatically adjust every time I add a clip. What have I done wrong because when I render the timeline there is not a continuous green line its intermittent. (green and grey) will this affect my final project?

Thanks in anticipation, I hope I have explained my problems clearly.
Regards
Jiver :)
jiver
New User
New User

Re: Sequences

Postby Bob » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:53 pm

No, Premiere Elements cannot import a project or sequence into another project. You will need to export the project or sequence and then import that video file in order to place it on the timeline.

DVDs have a fixed storage capacity. The amount of that capacity that is used by the video will depend on the bit rate. Premiere Elements can adjust the bit rate to increase compression to make a video fit. But, the higher the compression, the lower the quality. Generally, you will be able to put about 70 to 90 minutes worth of video on a single layer dvd and maintain good quality.

The work area bar automatically adjusts as you add clips until you manually change it. From that point on, it will not be automatic. The work area bar status is project specific and stored in the project file, so this is preserved across sessions. You can edit the prel file to reset the parameter. See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8540&start=15#p75696 . That thread was about PrEl 7, but it may be similar in later versions.
Bob

Postby jiver » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:35 am

Hi Bob thanks for your reply, I have tried to export the sequence but unfortunately the export tab is shaded not highlighted, any suggestions please?
jiver
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:38 am

All "export" functions in Premiere Elements are handled under the Share or Publish & Share tabs.

Have you checked out our free 8-part Intro to Premiere Elements "Basic Training" tutorials?
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0

Part 8 covers outputting your finished video project.

We've also got a comprehensive Muvipix.com Guide to Premiere Elements 9 that explains virtually everything about the program and how to use it.
http://muvipix.com/pe9.php
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby jiver » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:31 am

Hi Bob and Steve, Thank you so much for your quick response, I have followed the links that you advised me on and now I have my Work area bar updating automatically. I will also look at the tutorials on Adobe Prem Elements, as you guessed I am a relative novice to Adobe Prem Elements 9.
Regards Jiver. :YY:
jiver
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:01 am

That's what Muvipix is all about, jiver! Welcome aboard!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 9