They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Please help...themes not applying

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Please help...themes not applying

Postby rvrkids » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:47 am

Please help...I am in the process of creating a movie and have limited time so I am trying to use some of the themes. I have used them in the past with no problem.

However, this time I can select a theme but the "NEXT" button is never available to select in order to apply the themes to the selected clips. I can see the button but it is always grayed out.

My video driver is current and as far as I can tell everything is up to date. I have uninstalled and re-installed PRE9 to no avail.

Any other ideas?
rvrkids

Re: Please help...themes not applying

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:09 am

Are you creating the instant movie from a Premiere Elements project or from the Organizer?
I assume you are able to start setting up the instant movie and are able to select the media but after that is where you have the problem? You are able to select the next button when setting up the movie just not when you get to the theme selection part?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby rvrkids » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:23 am

Thanks Chuck.

I am creating it from the project. I am not doing the Instant Movie, I am just going direct to the themes. I am able to select clips and I can even get the selection box around the theme I want but the next button on the Themes menu is never available to click.

And, to top it off, I am now getting a Runtime R6025 error. This just started since I uninstalled and reinstalled and then updated everything (drivers, software, etc.).
rvrkids

Postby rvrkids » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:25 pm

Just a little more information....my "Instant Movies" are working and I cleaned some things up and have not gotten the runtime error again. Themes still are not working.
rvrkids

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm working in version 10 but cannot get it to not work. The only time the Next button is not active is when there are no clips on the timeline. As long as there are video clips or still images on the timeline the next button always works.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Apply a theme to an existing project

If you’ve already created a project and want to use a theme on all or part of it, use the Themes button in the Edit view.

Do one of the following:

To apply the theme to the entire project, leave all clips unselected.

To apply the theme to only a portion of the project, select the clips you want to use with the theme.

In the Tasks panel, click Edit, and then click Themes.

The Themes view of the Tasks panel opens. To preview a theme, move the mouse cursor over the theme’s thumbnail and click the Play button that appears.

Select a theme and click Next.

In the Theme properties view, specify properties as desired, and click Apply.

Are you sure that you are following the correct instructions for themes? They are different from Instant Movies, which also use the themes.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 9