They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Miniature Series Part 2 - UPDATE new photo

A discussion area specific to the Photoshop Pro versions.

Re: Miniature Series Part 2 - UPDATE new photo

Postby Peru » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:36 am

More terrific stuff, Cheryl. :TU:
Peru

Postby momoffduty » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:40 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:Like all of your work Cheryl, simply amazing and awesome !! Love the fairy, need to have that one blown up and put in her bedroom :)

Daughter is planning on printing out some of the miniatures in the wall tiles that you can mix and match and move around. She did order these wall photos that are 44 inches tall.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby momoffduty » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:43 pm

sidd finch wrote:The pictures are really cool. I am impressed at your imagination to create different scenes. This is really really cool. You are becoming the Ansel Adams of Miniature pictures.

Sidd

Ansel Adams of a miniature world :CS: I get ideas and let them sit awhile before I actually shoot the photos. More in the brain that I haven't shot yet. :fg:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby momoffduty » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:44 pm

TreeTopsRanch wrote:Wife & I love your mini photos.

Thank you! It is something I can do with the grands. They like these type of photos better than the pose and smile photos. Depending on the photo they have say on where and who poses.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby momoffduty » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:45 pm

Peru wrote:More terrific stuff, Cheryl. :TU:

Thanks Bob! How did the scrap book cubes work out for you wife?
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Peru » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:03 pm

It's one of those projects on her long list of stuff that she is planning.
My wife archived it for now until she gets caught up.

We've been busy.
We have to turn her "craft room" (which is now part of our living room since she can't climb stairs any longer to get to the room that was going to be her craft room) back into a living room. Our daughter is getting married in her apartment on Sunday and we will be having the ceremony on Zoom, so we need to be able to set up our stuff here to participate on the big screen TV.

We did hire a photographer, but it will just be our daughter, our future son-in-law, and the photographer on location.
At least the Zoom ceremony will be recorded by the groom's father, who has a paid Zoom account and has organized things for us.
Peru

Postby momoffduty » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:46 pm

Wow Bob, Peru, congrats on the wedding! How did it go? Different times we live in with Zoom weddings.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:56 am

We did hire a photographer, but it will just be our daughter, our future son-in-law, and the photographer on location.
At least the Zoom ceremony will be recorded by the groom's father, who has a paid Zoom account and has organized things for us.

Congratulations I wish the a long and happy life together. When they have grandkids the wedding photos will be referred to as pandemic era photography.

Mom the 44" posters that are framed look GREAT. It will look nice on their wall. Very very professional. You have the touch for sure.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:50 pm

sidd finch wrote:Congratulations I wish the a long and happy life together. When they have grandkids the wedding photos will be referred to as pandemic era photography.
Sidd

Thanks, Sidd.

Sorry Cheryl, I guess I was so happy about the wedding that I hijacked your thread. :-D
Peru

Postby momoffduty » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:55 pm

No worries Bob on the hijack! A Muvipix wedding is special! Did you wear a suit or a tux? Or the Zoom attire....only the shirt and tie with shorts? :fg:
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Peru » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:35 pm

momoffduty wrote: Did you wear a suit or a tux? Or the Zoom attire....only the shirt and tie with shorts?

I wore a shirt and tie along with pants and even socks and shoes.
The groom's mom admitted to not wearing shoes or socks.

It went well with one exception:
When the bride and groom were exchanging vows, they decided to use a virtual background. My daughter was disappearing for seconds at a time. I guess I may have to try to fix that when I get the Zoom video recorded by the groom's dad. I thought about recording her in the same dress and reciting the same vows against my green screen, but she probably won't do it. "Oh, Dad..."
I could also use some cuts to stills, I suppose.

We've seen some of the pictures from the photographer and they seem to be done well. She was very accommodating. We weren't sure how that would work out, but we have a lot of the traditional stuff as well as some fun stuff.
Peru

Postby momoffduty » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:35 pm

Bob good to know you were fully dressed! Interesting to see what the Zoom video looks like.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:57 pm

Peru wrote:I wore a shirt and tie along with pants and even socks and shoes.
The groom's mom admitted to not wearing shoes or socks.

It went well with one exception:
When the bride and groom were exchanging vows, they decided to use a virtual background. My daughter was disappearing for seconds at a time.

Had me nearly on the floor with that one Bob. Oh the visuals .
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:03 pm

Virtual background anomaly. "My daughter was disappearing for seconds at a time."

That also is happening with my Zoom events. I or the wife disappear for seconds at a time. Something Zoom needs to fix.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:45 am

What I have discovered it that the better the front lighting is the better Zoom can distinguish between foreground and background. I have a small LED light I use for the foreground then turn off the room light and I seem to get a much better seperation.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

PreviousNext

Return to Photoshop