They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Photoshop CC + Lightroom special offer

A discussion area specific to the Photoshop Pro versions.

Photoshop CC + Lightroom special offer

Postby Bob » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:52 am

At Photoshop World, Adobe announced a special limited time offer for those owning licenses for Photoshop CS3 and higher. Until December 31, 2013, you can get a Creative Cloud subscription that includes both Photoshop CC and Lightroom for $9.99/month. That's not an introductory offer that expires in a year and then goes up to the regular price. That's the regular price for those that sign-up for the offer. If you let your subscription lapse though, the offer will expire and should you want to re-subscribe later you will have to pay the then current price.

I've not been shy about voicing my displeasure at the subscription model of Creative Cloud. But, this offer makes sense and I felt I should bring it to your attention. Photoshop CC is equivalent to the Extended Edition and includes all the features of that. The renewal fee for the Photoshop Standard Edition upgrade was about $199. The upgrade for Lightroom is about $79. That's a total of about $278 to upgrade both. If you are like many that upgrade every two years, that comes down to about $11.58/month. The subscription offer of $9.99/month is cheaper, and, if you upgraded more frequently than that, is an even more economical deal. And, with the subscription, you have the advantage that you can install the latest versions as soon as they are released.

There is still the issue of not having a perpetual license. I'm still not thrilled with that. But, while you are still interested in upgrading, this is a reasonable offer.

The offer is supposed to be available around September 16 when Lightroom 5.2 is supposed to become available.
Bob

Re: Photoshop CC + Lightroom special offer

Postby Gerlinde » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:56 am

Wow, that really sounds like a great offer. Thank you for posting this, Bob. I'm actually considering to sign up for that.
:tx:
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby _Paz_ » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Thank you for posting this information, Bob. The fact that they're offering this... I hope is an indication that Adobe's plans are falling short and they're not getting folks to sign up for CC in the numbers they expected.

I can't say I'm going to take the bait, but if it was for the video based suite (the one you have, sorry I don't remember the name at the moment), I'd seriously consider it, even though I don't like Adobe's new policy, and having worked free lance most of my life, I know better than to take on recurring debt... but... If you hear about a super deal on the suite... please let us know again! :tup:
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:27 pm

I have Production Premium CS6. That includes Photoshop Extended, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Encore, Audition, SpeedGrade, Prelude, Illustrator, and Flash. I mainly use the first five of those along with Bridge and Media Encoder. I wish they would have a deal on a video package that would be the equivalent of the suite. I'm not holding my breath though.

The Photoshop/Lightroom bundle was aimed at Photographers who typically would use mainly Photoshop and/or Lightroom and not much else. That's a pretty large group and one that was not seeing value in going with the full CC offering. I think this special offer will bring a lot of photographers into the fold.

I'm torn. If I only used Photoshop, I would definitely go for the deal. But, that leaves me high and dry with Premiere Pro and After Effects. I can certainly get along with the versions I already have. At least for now, but, Adobe is already adding desirable features to the other products. I have a few months to decide. :pull:
Bob

Postby _Paz_ » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Production Premium CS6

Yes, that's the one.

>>torn

I can relate to that!
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Photoshop