They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Applying Topaz Effects to Video in PS CS6

A discussion area specific to the Photoshop Pro versions.

Applying Topaz Effects to Video in PS CS6

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:11 am

In Photoshop CS6, if you open a video file (File > Open) and create a single Video Layer instead of importing it (File > Import > Video Frames to Layers), you can automatically apply the Topaz effects to every frame in the entire video if you have turned the video layer into a Smart Object. If it's not a Smart Object, then you have to apply the filters to each frame manually. But with a Smart Object, whenever you move the CTI to a different frame on the video timeline, all the filters you have added to the Smart Object will be applied to that frame automatically. Although that makes playback difficult on the video timeline as you watch the Topaz message pop up as each frame is processed, it's tolerable if you are just rendering the video (File > Export > Render Video) to a new video file.

Video Layer as Smart Object.jpg

I tried doing something similar where you import each frame to a layer, but I haven't had any success with that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Applying Topaz Effects to Video in PS CS6

Postby plugsnpixels » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:49 pm

Good question! Try asking at the Topaz forums.
Free digital imaging ezine
http://www.plugsandpixels.com
plugsnpixels
New User
New User

Return to Photoshop