They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Exporting Video

A discussion area specific to the Photoshop Pro versions.

Exporting Video

Postby Bubby Grub » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:12 pm

Hi All,
First time I have attempted doing this with a video so any help greatly appreciated.
I have been given some SD video which I have downloaded from DV Tapes. Unfortunately the color leaves a lot to be desired.
I have done some playing around with it in CS6 and very happy with the results. Turning what is potentially a bad video into something that is worth watching.
My question is what settings should I use to export it out for further editing in PE7.
Thanks in advance
BG

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Exporting Video

Postby Bob » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:52 am

Your captured source video should be DV-AVI, export it to DV-AVI (format AVI & codec PAL DV or PAL DV Widescreen since you are in a PAL country) and you should be good to go.
Bob

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:29 am

When you say "PE7", do you mean Premiere Elements 7 or Photoshop Elements 7, Bubby? I ask because you posted your question in the Photoshop forum, and I'm not sure how Photoshop is fitting into this workflow.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:35 am

Did you make the color correction to the video using Photoshop CS6? Sounds like it did an excellent job.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:00 pm

Sorry, I had Premiere Pro CS6 in my head and Photoshop CS6 didn't register. If you are using Photoshop CS6, your choices are limited and you can't export to dv-avi. Your choices are DPX, MP4, and Quicktime. Don't use DPX. MP4 and Quicktime(animation preset) can both be used in Premiere Elements. If you have transparency, use Quicktime (animation) and set the render alpha channel option.

Do you also have Premiere Pro CS6?
Bob

Postby Little Nac » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi All,
Thanks Bob, thought it may be Quick Time but being new to CS6 just wanted to check. Yes I do have Pro 6, but have not used it as yet.
Been playing around with the Photoshop side first. Why I mentioned PE7 Steve is because that is where I am doing the editing for this particular project.
Have been using 7 for a long.........time and seeing this project that I have been given to to has been rather messy from the start thought I would stick
with something I am use to.
Yes Chuck, CS6 did an excellent job, I was very happy with the results, considering the DV tapes, were virtually unwatchable. It was some party they went to
and the exposure must not have been set to well. Most of it virtually looks like it was all B&W instead of color.

CS6 will allow me to make a reasonable DVD instead of a very bad one.
Thanks for the help
Cheers
BG

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Photoshop