They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Win 11 and Photoshop CS 6 ???

A discussion area specific to the Photoshop Pro versions.

Win 11 and Photoshop CS 6 ???

Postby Paz_Pazzaz » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:54 pm

I have a message from Windows telling me to check out my machine to see if I can upgrade to Photoshop 11.

Eleven? I thought Ten was FOREVER.

I know I've been out of the loop for quite a while. Lots of less than pleasant things going on and on and on. So, seeing 11 my first thought was CS 6??? and I admit I'm a bit confused about this thread at Adobe:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download ... p/12436381

Loved 7. When Adobe changed their mind about the legitimacy of some of my programs I switched to daVinci Resolve, which required 10 so I reluctantly have Windows 10 now. I Like Resolve but I've been in a deep hole for the past couple of years.. traveled to a wedding, had a horrid asthma attack en route and realized afterward that there must be something wrong with me... when the plane I was in on the way back made an emergency landing because it was on fire and I wasn't particularly concerned about getting off... and haven't put the effort into learning daVinci that will be required for me to be able to flow with it. Still need an instruction book at my side at all times and haven't gotten out much since the blasted virus thing. And I've had computer troubles, though think I have most of it worked out, but can't bring myself to even look at the over 11,000 unread emails. You think they would go away if I never looked? Tired of my own backyard and nowhere to go. And there are health troubles, Mr. B has had health troubles, the roof leaks and we haven't been able to find a roofing company that is willing to do it the right way so we will be re-roofing it ourselves. Getting too old for this. There's a lot more but no need to depress all of you guys too.

So, whatcha think? 11 and CS6? I can't see CC in my future.

Paz
Whatever you do, don't set your coffee cup adjacent to your turps cup. :CS:
Paz_Pazzaz
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Win 11 and Photoshop CS 6 ???

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:13 am

Hi Paz. Sorry to read your tale of woes. Hope that you are nearing the point where you can look back and (at least) smile at those times. :)

Like you I thought that I would be on Win 7 forever but, a couple of years ago and after backing up my system, I trialled Win 10 for a couple of days.

It wasn't long - a couple of hours - after I had removed those stupid touch tiles - really Microsoft, on a desktop PC that doesn't have a touchscreen? - and made a couple of other tweaks, that I had Win 10 looking just like Win 7. So all was well.

When Win 11 was officially released, I was an 'early adopter'. On my desktop PC it looks just like the old Win 7/10 implementation that I had. It has one or two very minor peculiarities but they are most definitely are not show stoppers.

And it runs CS6 without a hitch which is a good job because I will not contemplate a CC future. :)
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Paz_Pazzaz » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:35 am

And it runs CS6 without a hitch which is a good job because I will not contemplate a CC future.

That's wonderful, Dave. Thanks for some GOOD NEWS!

Our refrigerator died either Thursday or Friday. After 30 years of faithful service I truly regret seeing it go. Knowing the day would eventually come I have been checking out new fridges for a couple of years. Found one I really, really liked about a year ago. Went to see that one. I could order and pay for it now and it would (maybe) be here by March 10. Checked into renting a refrigerator until then. $32.00 on the sign. I got closer. $32 per week. Went back to the stores and looked at every refrigerator available in this town. Nope. While I could have lived with any of them, I did not want any of them. We considered buying a small apartment size one and waiting.

And then I learned that the one I wanted, ONE of the one I wanted, was available and in this town. So we bought it. One of their delivery trucks broke down on the freeway on our Saturday delivery day so we were cancelled until Sunday. Then they came on Sunday and I did not hear them. They left. Maybe I should put up a note that explains that the doorbell does not work. Please knock. Meanwhile all our perishable food was under bags of ice in our only bathtub.

We realized that the only way to get the old fridge out and the new one in was to either cut a hole in the outside wall or move the kitchen island. Neither a fun choice. So I've been under the house cutting off gas lines, moving the island in the kitchen until 3 AM, buying the wrong kind of gas connections. It seems old 5/8 inch flare gas fittings no longer fit new 5/8 inch flare gas fittings. Who would have thought? Finally removed more fittings and after two days spent mostly in the hardware section of big box stores - talking to clerks who generally know less than I do, found some that worked. But naturally the old fittings didn't want to let go after being so close to one another for 68 years. Back ache, old knees ache, head ache, you name it ache. Raw knuckle ache.

And then I saw the notice about Windows 11. And wondered what else could go wrong.

After wallowing around under the house following heavy rains you really, really can imagine a nice, hot bath. Go buy more ice. Get a call from the store manager, they are on the way with it!!!

The delivery guys were so eager to bring it in that they didn't think about getting the old one out. Finally I was able to get them to listen and convince them it might be a good idea. The whole house looks like a wind storm hit. I had to get all the pots and pans out of the island. All the food out of the fridge. All the frozen food upstairs to the bathroom. All the contents of the shelves on top of the old fridge into boxes, stacked on top of one another with a little pig trot path to get back upstairs and I can't find anything. But the new refrigerator is here, plugged in and cooling. I thanked the delivery guys for making a special trip and told them not to worry, they didn't need to do it, I would connect the ice maker.

Then it turns out that the old icemaker supply lines are flare fittings for copper too. The new baby needs a flexible hose with compression fittings. Back to the store.

I've been through everything in the tub, thrown out a lot. If it smelled even slightly suspicious, out. One open gallon of milk, definitely bad. A new, unopened gallon of milk...yep. Bad too. And the cottage cheese and the sour (and now slightly fuzzy) cream, out.

All the canned foods I had to move had to be moved somewhere else. I won't put them back until I move the new refrigerator out from the wall and connect the new ice maker water supply line. The part under the kitchen sink will be the most fun! So we cooked all the meat from the old freezer yesterday and today and made Camp Stew. And I finally found the coffee pot buried under some other (junk) things and today was a "normal" coffee day. Three days without coffee - or a bath - not fun.

But the camp stew is delicious. I found my knee pads so next time the under the house part won't be quite so painful. I'm not thinking about under the kitchen sink until I must face the reality of it, the new refrigerator is absolutely MAHVELOUS! Love it.

And CS 6 WILL work with Windows 11. ::CLAP:

Mr. B's diagnosis is "Sporadic Inclusion Body Myositis". An auto-immune system failure where proteins - the "body" are "included" (inside) a person's muscles at the cellular level and over time either kill muscle cells or paralyze them or something. End result, the patient (not patient, rather impatient and grumpy, in fact) slowly becomes unable to use their muscles. He is also at a late stage of chronic kidney disease. Not dialysis yet. At 75, I believe he won't be on a short list for a transplant. Not saying he should be either. A treatment that strenuous should be for the young and strong.

But since CS6 will work with the next Windows upgrade, I won't have to give up filming birds and bees and butterflies and wasps and spiders and flowers. YES!

Thanks
Whatever you do, don't set your coffee cup adjacent to your turps cup. :CS:
Paz_Pazzaz
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:25 am

What a harrowing tale, Paz. Here's hoping that things settle down for you soon, and a better new year. I'm glad John was able to provide an answer for you. Having said that, if things are working now, there's no compelling reason that you need to upgrade to Win 11 until you have less stress in your life. As you already know, I'm sure, sometimes these upgrades don't go as hoped for. Take care.
P.S. If it's at all any consolation to you we ordered a new washer, dryer, and pedestals for each the first week of August and all we have so far is the washer. Craziness.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Return to Photoshop