They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

*Newbie* Need Help with Pyro A/V Link API 550 Rev E

Hardware, software, and methods for displaying & distributing your creations.

*Newbie* Need Help with Pyro A/V Link API 550 Rev E

Postby Jebelis » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Hello!
I found a old box Pyro A/V Link API 550 Rev E in my old stuff that i would like to use with my compyter ( windows 7, PC) to transfer some boxes of Old VHS tapes to avi or divx or whaterver the format to preserve them on DVD and send my old vhs tapes to the trash... i found a Good oL' VCR VHS in perfect order ( in fact, i have 3-4 VHS from my old appartements) to transfer the tapes. I plugged the AV cables (Yellow/white and red) from the VHS OUT to the Pyro front pannel (IN) and a FireWire cable from the Pyro Back to my computer... lights are all on.... but windows 7 (64 Bits) doesn't seems to recognise my box...

is there someone who can help me out? tried also different good old video editors like VirtualDub, avidemux etc... but the cannot see the Pyro box...

I must admit i don't have the drivers anymore, because if i remember well, Windows XP back at the time used to recognise the box itself.. i know it,s should be working and that i am probably close to a answer ( or far?)
but i really need help to make it work to transfert my old vhs memories before they get lost in time....

PS: switch status onm the box:

1- down
2- UP
3-4-5 : dowm

i live in Canada, so format should be NTSC...

is there anyone out there that could help me out?

best regards

Jebelis
Jebelis
New User
New User

Re: *Newbie* Need Help with Pyro A/V Link API 550 Rev E

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:28 pm

Hi Jebelis, Welcome to Muvipix :wcm:

First thing I need to know is if the front light is red or blue, we can go from there once we know the answer to that question.
Also, have you tried WinDV to capture the video?

Don't worry, we'll figure this out somehow :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Video/Photo/Music Viewing and Sharing