They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PRE 8 Tutorial (pdf?)

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

PRE 8 Tutorial (pdf?)

Postby tonyob » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Hi every one,
I have recently purchased the programme. Can anyone help me on this please? The discs and website are MOST unhelpful.
Thanks in anticipation

Tony O'B
tonyob
New User
New User

Re: PRE 8 Tutorial (pdf?)

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi Tony,
Welcome to Muvipix !!

Did you just buy the old version? 11 is the most current and we highly recommend that over version 8.
Version 8 was one of the worst versions of Premiere Elements, if you purchased that we recommend returning it in exchange for the new version.

Whatever you decide we have free basic training tutorials to get you started;
Just check out the Free Downloads to the left :)
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... 2&btn.y=15

There are basic training tutorials for other versions also, maybe Ron can point us to them :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby tonyob » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Hi Chuck.

I bought it off Ebay because it was not too expensive. It's a genuine 'copy and it runs. Trouble is, I can't find my way around it without basic tutorial info - which it doesn't have.

I've been looking to get a programme that would help me be able to edit VHS video that I have taken over the years to DVD, then into a workable AVI format (I think). Sony Vegas (which is easier to use) doesn't want to recognise it - or at least that's what I seem to have found out so far. If I can get it down to an editable sequence of shots usung PRE 8, that will do. I can play as much as I want to then with Vegas.

I'm appreciative of any info that will get me by. If I get the hang of it I will upgrade.

Cheers

Tony
tonyob
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:27 pm

How did you get the VHS tapes onto DVD?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:05 am

Welcome' Tony. :meet:

tonyob wrote:I've been looking to get a programme that would help me be able to edit VHS video that I have taken over the years to DVD, then into a workable AVI format (I think).

Chuck- I'm interpreting this as Tony wants to convert to DVD and needs a program to do that.

Tony- You will need something like this to convert the tapes to DV-AVI so you can edit in Premiere Elements:
http://www.grassvalley.com/products/converters

Chuck is very knowledgeable about this and can probably refer you to several threads about these types of products.
Peru

Postby tonyob » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:23 am

Hi

I use a dual VHS / DVD machine that can copy from one to another in either direction. The VHS tapes are 2nd generation copies from and old camera that broke years ago. I have family video on the VHS tapes that I want to be able to edit down on my computer as I want to make a reasonable 'movie' at the end. I have tried Convertalite to convert the resulting DVD VOB file to a usable one on the computer. I'm at a loss as to which way to go as I'm getting bogged down a bit. PRE 8 can see the DVD VOB file but PRE 8 is not a nice straight forward thing to use - that's why I initially asked about a pdf and/or tutorial.

As an aside, I have a Panasonic digital video camera now and can directly load them on to my computer - that's fine. I have Sony Vegas which is easier to use (and I purchased PRE 8 because it was cheap on Ebay and I thought it might be better).

Ideas will be most appreciated.

Tony
tonyob
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:30 am

Can you clarify what exactly you're looking for, Tony? Are you trying to edit video that's on VHS now or on a DVD?

We can help you and we can even recommend the best hardware and software for you, but we have to know what exactly you want to do. None of your posts include a question. ;)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby tonyob » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:45 am

Hi Steve.

Sorry I'm not quite making sense.

My initial query is - is there a tutorial pdf for PRE Elements 8.

I'll leave it at that for now.

Thanks
tonyob
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:28 am

Here is the 8 part - Basic Training for version 8 Tony
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0

Let us know if you have any questions :)

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby tonyob » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:28 am

Hi folks

Thanks very much. I'll have a go.

Tony
tonyob
New User
New User

Return to PRE Version 8