They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Timeline clip selection glitch

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

Timeline clip selection glitch

Postby wyzboing » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:51 pm

Normally when you select an item on the timeline it stays selected until you select another item (or blank space). Suddenly this afternoon every time I select a clip, click the play button and then click the stop button the clip I selected is annoyingly deselected. I tried using the space bar instead of clicking the play/stop button but the same thing happens. At first I thought I was going mad but it keeps doing it. When I click the stop button, automatically the selected clip is deselcted and by default the clip on the lowest track at the point of the CTI is automatically selected. So why is this such a problem? You should see how infuriating this is as each time the clip you are working on is deselected it's properties disappear from the properties panel. AAAGH!!

Have I reset some setting by accident? I have tried opening other projects and it happens intermittently on those too. I tried restarting my pc.... anyone any other ideas (Yes I know I need to upgrade but will have to finish this project first). Incidently this seemed to happen around the same time I applied some audio effects but it is also happening on the projects where there are no audio effects. :pull:

Has this happened to anyone else?
wyzboing

Re: Timeline clip selection glitch

Postby wyzboing » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Have just come back to my project and the same thing is happening. Can anyone see a reason why I should not uninstall/reinstall software? I've been using this version for 18 months or more with no problems before.

Thanks in anticipation.

wyz
wyzboing

Re: Timeline clip selection glitch

Postby Bob » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:10 pm

If you want to uninstall/install Premiere Elements, you can -- it won't hurt, but it might not help either. Depends on what's causing the problem.
Bob

Return to PRE Version 8