They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Pre Ele Ver 8 Templates

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

Pre Ele Ver 8 Templates

Postby wschumac » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:30 am

I subscribed to the Photoshop Plus templates that work within PRE ELE 8 and have not received any updates this year. My account is current and noe have been downloaded. How often do they come out with them? And how easy is to to modify them or create new ones that have a different look to them?

Thanks Walt
wschumac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Pre Ele Ver 8 Templates

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:12 pm

They don't come out very often. They used to come out with each season (Halloween, Christmas, Spring, Summer, etc.).

Have you contacted Photoshop.com and asked their tech support what's up?

Meantime, don't forget that we've got many of disc templates here on Muvipix that will work great in version 8! What are you looking for?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby wschumac » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:16 pm

I am looking for professional looking templates in business, travel, etc. Some that look not so cartoony...

How easy are yours to convert to use in ver 8?

Thanks
wschumac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby wschumac » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:30 pm

I've actually tried to contact Adobe about their templates and some of the techs have no idea what I mean or they can't find out. I saw on one thread I read, I believe Chuck Engels mentioned that the templates are not that easy to put together. There seems to be a lot to it, but maybe not. Is there anyone has a step-by-step of how to change an existing one or create a new one that are "professional" enough to use?

Thanks much for listening
wschumac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:18 pm

There are some very nice travel templates in the additional content in Premiere Elements. But "professional" isn't very descriptive. Is there a particular design element you're looking for?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:37 pm

Most of the DVD templates here are compatible with your version of Premiere Elements. The ones marked for version 3 or earlier are not.

DVD templates are layered Photoshop PSD files. Each template has two files -- one for the main menu and one for the scenes menu. Each layer or layer group in the PSD has a specific function and a specific naming convention that must be followed. The file itself has a naming convention that must be followed as well. I don't know whether Photoshop Elements has the ability to create the types of grouped layers you need to create a menu file from scratch, you may need Photoshop and not Photoshop Elements. However, you should be able to copy an existing menu file and modify it in Photoshop Elements.

If you just want to swap out the background image, you don't need to modify the files at all. Once you apply a dvd template, you can drag and drop in a new background.

There should be threads on the forum about customizing menus. There might be some learning materials too. Chuck, do you wish to comment?
Bob

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:00 am

We produce new materials on a regular basis here and as Bob said, anything noted version 4 and above will work with Premiere Elements versions 4 through 10 .

We do have materials on customizing DVD templates, the Learning Basic subscription will give you access to that for 2 months and costs $19.95 USD.

With the Premiere Membership, $69.95 you get access to all of the templates, tutorials, Music, Graphics, training materials and everything else too :)

Here is some of what is available
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 8