They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Future Video Contests

A parking place for everything that relates to our contests and giveaways!

Future Video Contests

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed May 06, 2009 12:13 pm

We will be announcing a new video contest format soon so stay tuned for details. This does not affect the current 2009 contest but will change the way contests are run going forward - really exciting stuff coming :yh:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Future Video Contests

Postby tiny » Wed May 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Things like this always kill me. You placed a chest infront of us, and then said the contents are really exciting, but we will get to see them 'soon', which could be an hour or a year. ](*,) Oh well, patience is an excellent attribute. :mrgreen:
I wish I were creative enough to write something witty here.
tiny
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed May 06, 2009 8:21 pm

Yup, simple marketing techniques :)

I want to wait until we get the current contest into the voting stage before making any announcements, so it will be a week or two. Hang in there Tiny :lol:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby tiny » Wed May 06, 2009 8:26 pm

Fair enough. Marketing is a hobby of mine. I don't have to like it, but I certainly respect it. You guys run a great community here. Keep it up! :-D
tiny
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Thu May 07, 2009 3:15 am

I will try my best to enter the next contest... I have been so busy recently with work and personal stuff that I couldn't find time to enter the last one. I guess a few folks were in the same boat. So I am looking forward to the next one... :-D
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Thu May 07, 2009 3:54 am

Me too! I really wanted to enter this one, but more pressing family matters came first. I'm very much looking forward to the next one!
Bob

Postby sidd finch » Thu May 07, 2009 10:20 pm

I was about 1/2 way done with mine when some serious family health issues developed and I will also have to catch the next one.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri May 08, 2009 9:23 am

Wow guys, sorry to hear about the family issues. We hope everyone is now doing well and we will of course miss your entries very much. I think this may be the first year that Paul has missed. The next contest may not be too far away :-

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Paul LS » Fri May 08, 2009 9:38 am

Yes, first one I missed... I will make up for it next time by entering two... :-D Still, looking forward to seeing the entries from the current contest.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby karri » Fri May 08, 2009 12:34 pm

sidd best wishes for better health, I know that road can be rough.

I worked on an entry, but didn't think it was good enough for the contest. The good news though, is that I worked on it enough to figure out a lot more about this software, especially with Cheryl's tips and others here, so maybe next time I'll have more confidence to enter something :-D

Good luck to all who entered :TU:
karri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby tiny » Fri May 08, 2009 2:00 pm

karri wrote:sidd best wishes for better health, I know that road can be rough.

I worked on an entry, but didn't think it was good enough for the contest. The good news though, is that I worked on it enough to figure out a lot more about this software, especially with Cheryl's tips and others here, so maybe next time I'll have more confidence to enter something :-D

It will be so exciting to work on your next one. You will know all these new tricks and will have gotten over the initial hump. It is really cool after a while, you say to your self, "I want to do this, and I think I have a pretty good idea of how to do that." :D
tiny
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Fri May 08, 2009 7:16 pm

karri wrote:sidd best wishes for better health, I know that road can be rough.

Glad to help Karri anytime, just paying it forward for all of the help that I have received here (and still get). Sidd, Paul, Bob hope things are better for you, sorry to hear of the illnesses. And tiny is right about having things click when you learn the program. Half the joy for me is trying to figure things out....but I always know where to ask before I get too frustrated.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bob » Sat May 09, 2009 2:14 am

Thanks, Cheryl! I wasn't explicit, but it was a serious health issue. My wife was hospitalized, but is now home and doing better.
Bob

Postby karri » Sat May 09, 2009 8:30 am

It will be so exciting to work on your next one. You will know all these new tricks and will have gotten over the initial hump. It is really cool after a while, you say to your self, "I want to do this, and I think I have a pretty good idea of how to do that." :D

Exactly! Thanks for the encouragement, tiny! :)
karri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby karri » Sat May 09, 2009 8:33 am

momoffduty wrote:
Glad to help Karri anytime, just paying it forward for all of the help that I have received here (and still get). Sidd, Paul, Bob hope things are better for you, sorry to hear of the illnesses. And tiny is right about having things click when you learn the program. Half the joy for me is trying to figure things out....but I always know where to ask before I get too frustrated.

Cheryl, thanks, your effects are terrific, something also I want to try out. I know what you mean, a lot of the fun is figuring things out and getting them to work how I hoped they would!
karri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Next

Return to muvipix Contests