They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Keylight effect

Discussions about the plethora of Plugins, Titlers and any other third party video editor add-ons.

Keylight effect

Postby Jay » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:01 pm

I have after effects CS3 and I understand that the plugin Keylight effect is one of the effects that was shipped with CS3.
I have searched through most all the files for it and can't find it. Has anyone had the same problem or am I looking in the
wrong places. Any Sugs. Appriciated.
Jay
Jay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Keylight effect

Postby Bob » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Yes, Keylight shipped with After Effects CS3. Unless you have the downloaded trial version, it installs as part of the standard installation. Make you you opted to install the optional 3rd party components. Look in Effects under the key category. It should be there.

The Foundry issued a maintenance release for the version of Keylight that shipped with AE CS3 (1.2v5) that brought it up to version 1.2v8. Check with The Foundry http://thefoundry.co.uk/pkg_plugins.aspx?ui=A5FB8E97-D752-4E01-AC7D-17B39B7E1192. You'll need the activation key of the original keylight plugin to activate the 1.2v8 plugin.
Bob

Postby Jay » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:11 pm

Thanks, Bob
Just downloaded Keylight effects from the web site. I'm doing a course in After Effects and one of the exercises told
me to use the effect and I couldn't find it in any of the adobe's effects folders. I really appreciate the help. Do you
have any other plugins/downloads (free is good) that I may need for any of the other Adobe's products PE/PS/AE?

Your, I'm lost in After Effects
Jay
Jay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:14 am

Jay, there is a free Droste Effect plugin. Here is the discussion:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5667
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Plugins & Titlers