They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Vitascene and Adorage free starter kits from ProDAD

Discussions about the plethora of Plugins, Titlers and any other third party video editor add-ons.

Re: Vitascene and Adorage free starter kits from ProDAD

Postby momoffduty » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:49 pm

I apply the transition (PE3), in the property panel I choose 'custom'. This will pop up a window 'Adorage2.5.46. There is a list under the root+, starter pack 170 of 10000 and under that 9 categories, then opening up each category I click on one and it does not change in the preview window. According to the manual just clicking on a transition it will show up in the preview.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Paul LS » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:36 pm

The Vitascene plugin works great... some great stunning effects. :-8 Haven't tried the Adorage yet.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:11 pm

It works!!!! Did a google search and ended up at proDads FAQ's. What Cinde posted on a different thread got me thinking :-k

http://www.prodad.de/faq/01/gb/faq-0000 ... 00006.html

Did an uninstall and then installed the Service pack 2.5.46 FIRST....then reinstalled the free starter kit.

Next, like Dick said, went to PE3's plugin folder and copied the fx-adorage-7 plugin into Pro's plug in folder. When I was trying earlier, the fx-adorage plugin did Not have a '7'.

Now all the effects work in both programs. Not sure why these things can't be easy. Some days it feels like the perils of pauline.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby munickster » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:30 pm

Excellent!! :-5 I'm so glad it works for you. That probably explains why it worked for some of us but not for you. I did not have any previous installations. It sounds like you did?

At any rate, that link had some good information that could apply to most any software these days. You're right - installing software is typically a lot more work than it should be.

Dick
munickster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:56 pm

Been trying out the adorage and some great stuff in the starter pack. Where can I find some tutorials? Have the basics down, but a little lost on fine tuning. Thanks.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby munickster » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:55 pm

Here's one with a little information: http://declic-video-fx.com/language/en- ... visit.aspx.

Most everything I've found is simply a demonstration of the effects themselves, though. Not much in the way of real substance.

Dick
munickster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:19 am

Thanks Dick, I did find that one. You are correct that the videos are mostly demos and not howtos. Was thinking about the album opening. If you put it as a transition then the 2nd clip doesn't move. Would like the 2nd clip to be in the correct scale and camera view as the album page. Only saw where you could change the 2nd clip's position in adorage. The transitions can be placed on transparent video and then have the 2nd clip below using Pro's (or PrEl) prop panel to keyframe the clip.

Another that is confusing is the wedding rings transition. Seems to just pop on and off with the 2 pics side by side with the rings moving in center. Not sure why or how you would use this. A smooth transition before and after is needed, unless of course you like the pop on and off look. Too abrupt for me.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Previous

Return to Plugins & Titlers