They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Question for BuffTitler users

Discussions about the plethora of Plugins, Titlers and any other third party video editor add-ons.

Re: Question for BuffTitler users

Postby slushparlor1 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:01 am

I just wanted to ask a quick question.... I've been downloading a demo of bufftitler. The people that use this... Do you like it? Is it difficult?

Thanks in advance.

Theresa
slushparlor1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby munickster » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:40 am

If you only use it once in a while (like me), I think it can be difficult to get back up to speed with all the various options. That said, the intro/tutorial is quite good for getting started. Also, the best part for me is all of the samples than can pretty easily be modified for my own use. That alone was worth the cost.

Dick
munickster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Peru » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:58 pm

I recently purchased BluffTitler and have found that one of the best ways of learning it is to watch the demo (Help>Demo) and stop it when you see a technique you want to learn. Look at all the layers and properties and how they are keyframed.

You can then work on it as if it were your project and modify it to suite your purpose. Save it with a new name when you have the project the way you want it.
Peru

Postby Cinde » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:42 pm

I’m with the rest of the group… the easiest way to learn is through the samples provided with the software, along with the tutorial at http://mediablitzed.com/

And don’t forget the samples in the online User's Gallery. There's over 500. If you see something you like, download it and play around with the layer and keyframe settings. If you want to keep your changes save it as a new file (Save Show + All Media Files).

I really like the software. The hardest part for me to understand was how to replace a sample photo with one of my own. It’s simple now. Use the Change Texture button.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:59 pm

What I like is you can use it for special effects. It doesn't have to be a title. Recently I found a complete hi-res NASA map of mars and used that as a picture in BluffTitler and wrapped that on a sphere. Now I have a globe of mars. I also got Bixelangelo for creating paths for objects to follow. You know how people want to show the route they took on a vacation, this makes it very easy.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Peru » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:01 pm

RJ Johnston wrote:What I like is you can use it for special effects. It doesn't have to be a title.

You can also use it to make motion backgrounds.
Peru

Previous

Return to Plugins & Titlers