They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Saving keyframes presets

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Saving keyframes presets

Postby coolstuffiniowa » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:59 pm

ok - I am lame - I have looked in the book and searched on here - but I dont see how to "copy" the keyframes I have created in this slideshow.

I have about 750 images in a slideshow I am creating.........the advice on here was to break this up into a bunch of little slideshows then combine them all together when I am done - GOOD advice.

BUT

I have 55 images in a small slideshow - and I have created 12 different keyframe paths for the images to flow on.........
some are closeups that pan back

others go from left to right fast..........others are slow

some go from extreme close up to half way pullback and then stop for 2 seconds...........

anyway -

I wanna use these same 12 paths in OTHER slideshows I am creating

How to do this?

bring in the other 55 slides and apply the attributes to THOSE slides and then erase the ones that were just up there that I stole the keyframes from?

that is about the only way to do it - but I thought there may be a way to save these for a future segment that I dont wanna pull this slideshow from...........
coolstuffiniowa
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Saving keyframes presets

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:38 pm

Hi Iowa :)

What you need to do is create presets, then you will just apply your presets to the other clips.
There is a tutorial all about Presets
http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=46
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:42 am

After you save those presets, I strongly recommend that you keep a copy in a separate folder on your hard drive (not in the program files). Last year I had major computer issues and when I loaded PrEl & Pro onto the new computer my presets were not there. I had to look thru notes and recreate all of my favorites. Lesson learned the hard way.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Peru » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:56 pm

momoffduty wrote:After you save those presets, I strongly recommend that you keep a copy in a separate folder on your hard drive (not in the program files). Last year I had major computer issues and when I loaded PrEl & Pro onto the new computer my presets were not there. I had to look thru notes and recreate all of my favorites. Lesson learned the hard way.

If you use backup software like Acronis, you can find the files in the backup and copy them to the appropriate place.
Peru

Postby momoffduty » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:04 pm

Thanks for the tip Peru.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Prior Versions