They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Text Animation in Premiere Elements 4

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Re: Text Animation in Premiere Elements 4

Postby Wheat King » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:58 pm

Nice Johnny!
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Forty-Fever » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:44 am

WOW! The things you learn from others, I'm truly impressed. Johnny thanks for sharing your techniques! I plan to try this out in my next project.
Ted
Forty-Fever
New User
New User

Postby Gooder » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:54 am

I agree, very creative work!

Lee
HP Pavilion t540.se 2.8 GHz, 1GB DDR, 200GB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500. Internal HDD Seagate 250GB, External HDD WD My Book 300GB, Maxtor Basic 500GB. Sound card Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro! & 5.1 Surround Speakers!
Gooder
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:59 pm

You can also animate images that are inserted into text boxes. The text in the textbox is deleted, leaving only the image in the textbox. After doing one image, I made copies by changing the mouse pointer from Text to Selector, then Alt-dragging on the textbox. I used spaces before and after the images to vary the timing of the animation. Then I rotated the textboxes by varying amounts. You can lasso all the textboxes and then apply an animation effect to all of them at once.

[wmvvideo]http://muvipix.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10181/Animated_Images.wmv[/wmvvideo]
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby JohnnyO » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Pretty cool Robert
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ryan_khoo » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:34 am

I use Sony Vegas more often. But I thought maybe I should also practise in PE4.

I am trying to do this RANDOM LETTERS title effect:

http://geethree.com/slick/index.html

It is in Volume 5 (I mean click Slick 5),

then on the left panel, click Slick 5 Title Gallery.

Then on the 3rd column from the left, the Random Letters is the 4th Title from the top.

I think this website also use the Random Letters Title effects something like n the movie Matrix:
http://www.kpe.sg/

Any idea how I can do it in PE4 ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:00 am

Paul's suggestion in your other topic about the plug in is the best option.
John also replied saying you could use multiple tracks and keyframe the effect, that will work and it is free.
The text animation in version 4 is a bit flaky, don't know if this effect is included but you would probably pull all your hair out trying to make it work.

I will try to check out the text animation in version 7 and see what is available there.
Have you checked out Heroglyph from ProDad yet? It isn't as expensive as a lot of the plugins but has some great text effects.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:41 am

Chuck Engels wrote:Paul's suggestion in your other topic about the plug in is the best option.

I know but I cannot to pay $795 for the pluggin.

John also replied saying you could use multiple tracks and keyframe the effect, that will work and it is free.
The text animation in version 4 is a bit flaky, don't know if this effect is included but you would probably pull all your hair out trying to make it work.

I really have problem doing Text Animation in PE4

I will try to check out the text animation in version 7 and see what is available there.

Thanks for your help. I hope Text Animation in Version 7 will pull out less of my hair as compared to Version 4 :)

Have you checked out Heroglyph from ProDad yet?

I have checked them but cannot find the similar random letters effect.
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:01 pm

I am going to stick to this thread Ryan, two topics with the same question gets confusing.
You only need to post your question one time here, there are many of us that read every single post ;)

Here are a few other places to check out
Someone very reliable in this Wrigley Video thread suggested digitalanarchy plugins
http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/forum/index ... topic=3032

The plugins are here, look around there may be a plugin that will work
http://www.digitalanarchy.com/text/random.html

Don't forget, many plugins have free trials that are fully functional.
You can use it to produce the effect you want and then decide if it is worth the price.

Here are some instructions for coding a solution and using that in After Effects, might be something there that will help
http://www.videocopilot.net/forum/viewt ... f=5&t=1010

Overall you are asking for an easy and free way to do something quite difficult, that is not an easy task.
I would recommend you try keyframing the letters and see how it goes, it will take a little time but it should look great when you are done, and best of all it's free :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:50 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:Here are a few other places to check out
Someone very reliable in this Wrigley Video thread suggested digitalanarchy plugins
http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/forum/index ... topic=3032

The plugins are here, look around there may be a plugin that will work
http://www.digitalanarchy.com/text/random.html

Don't forget, many plugins have free trials that are fully functional.
You can use it to produce the effect you want and then decide if it is worth the price.

Here are some instructions for coding a solution and using that in After Effects, might be something there that will help
http://www.videocopilot.net/forum/viewt ... f=5&t=1010

Overall you are asking for an easy and free way to do something quite difficult, that is not an easy task.
I would recommend you try keyframing the letters and see how it goes, it will take a little time but it should look great when you are done, and best of all it's free :)

Hi Chuck,

I checked the link you recommended and the downloaded the Grafitti trial version that Paul suggested. All these are very difficult to use. It is like learning one big powerful software.

I am puzzled why there is no company that can do what Gethree does for iMovie ? The Slick pluggin (volume 5) that I provided the link for Random text Title only cost 50 USD and most importantly it is so easily to use (just like you apply transition or effects in PE4).

Do you know why others cannot do it for PE4 or Vegas when Gethree can do it for iMovie ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi Ryan,
There are many plugins that do many things. Sometimes the plugins do things that they don't advertise, unless someone has used it we don't know that it does that.
Could be one of the plugins out there does what you want it's just that no one here knows about it. Maybe no one else has looked for that particular effect before, you are on the leading edge :)

Either way, there are not many plugins for the Adobe products that are under $200.
I would think that the Heroglyph Titler from ProDad probably does what you want but it is not cheap either and does a lot more than just the random letters.

Believe me, if someone here knows about something that will do what you need they will post it here ;)

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:01 am

Chuck Engels wrote:Either way, there are not many plugins for the Adobe products that are under $200.

Yes these plugins are great but it's more for professional bcos you can control it in many ways. For beginners like me, I prefer simple and "automatic" plugins without much settings.

I would think that the Heroglyph Titler from ProDad probably does what you want but it is not cheap either and does a lot more than just the random letters.
Heroglyph can do Random Letters ? I will download the trial version and try it
Believe me, if someone here knows about something that will do what you need they will post it here ;)

I hope someone will post here soon :-D
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Robino » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:22 pm

RJ Johnston wrote:You can also animate images that are inserted into text boxes. The text in the textbox is deleted, leaving only the image in the textbox. After doing one image, I made copies by changing the mouse pointer from Text to Selector, then Alt-dragging on the textbox. I used spaces before and after the images to vary the timing of the animation. Then I rotated the textboxes by varying amounts. You can lasso all the textboxes and then apply an animation effect to all of them at once.
Very interesting, but how do I insert the image in the text box?
Robino
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:12 pm

Right-click in a textbox and a pop-up menu will appear with option to insert image in textbox.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby babya » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:51 am

I haven't had time to check out the text animation Premiere Elements 4 myself (have had version 4 for about 6-8 months now)

Will give it a go and maybe post some of the results on YouTube.
A.A.'s video editing software:Premiere Elements 4, Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9,Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate, Magix Movie Edit Pro 12
babya
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Prior Versions